1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I loaded up a 1 oz. load using AA hull, Fio 616 primer, REM TGT12S wad, #8's, and 23 grains of PB. Shot two boxes today at the 27 in a 10-15 mph wind from the Southwst. Almost no recoil and smacked the targets with a LF choke in my Ljutic. This is the first time I tried PB in 1 oz hot load (1260fps avg., Chronograph)). I was impressed.

If you've got recoil issues, like I have (flinching) you might try this load. I was amazed at the lack of recoil.

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

If it didn't cost about half again as much as the other powders.....

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

Tripod,

Where are you located? I still have PB 5 pounders by the case/4 for $250.00 That equates to $12.50 per pound. Pick up only. I'm in NH

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

It would have been gone long ago if I were a hazmat shipper. Hell, can't even ship it from the regional UPS terminal.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

Can someone explain why PB is so much higher than the other powders? Thank you Mark

6. shot410ga

Price does not mean much if you've got a recoil problem, and this load is the fastest softest load I have ever shot. And I've tried just about everything.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

To make PB's cost more palatable, divide the difference in price between it and any other powder by the approximate number of shells a pound of it will load and multiply that by 25 to arrive at exactly how much more using PB costs per box. I think you'll find it to be quite acceptable, especially if you like light-recoiling shells.

Ed

8. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

hang-----------PB is very difficult to make and the slightest slip up results in tossing alot of product, or worse.

9. shot410ga

I guess you get what you pay for. It seems PB has been around forever (when did it first come on the market?) and is still the best powder. I never used it due to price. Now I know why they charge more. It's the best for recoil and speed, bar none.............

10. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.