1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB load info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I have several pounds of PB Powder and a few thousand
    Federal paper hulls, 12so and 12s3 wads and Federal primers. I have heard through the grapevine that these components can make a wonderful trap load. I shoot both 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads. I am unable to find load data online that uses PB powder and Fed paper hulls.
    Can anyone help me out with some info?

Thanks,
    John

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

John you stumbled across the very bestest combination for making majiic bullets that exists.

The kink to loading PB and FedPaper is to find a FGM recipe that looks good, and add ½gn. Papers absorb a little pressure, and the extra half-grain will get the performance up to FGM, right on the nose.

Bob

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Thanks for the information, I'm off to the races! I can just smell the wonderful aroma already.

John

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I had this same dilemma. It seems like lots of people use PB and fed paper hulls, but the published loads are very limited. I could only find loads up to 1200 ft/sec using PB and federal primers with S3/S4 wads. I'd like to build a handicap load at 1235 but I am extremely reluctant to make handicap loads that don't have data to back them up.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

You can call Hodgdon, they have lots of PB loads with paper cases.

Wayne

[​IMG]

6. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Wayne,
    Thanks for going through all the extra effort to get me this information. I appreciate it!

John

7. highway

highway Member

Wayne,

I like your book. Can you tell me a little more about how you got it and assembled it?

Roger

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Hiway, that is a Lyman's Reloading Handbook from 1967. Very limited info for shotguns. I think Lyman's came out with the fist edition of Shotshell Reloading Handbook in 1969. 10x more info in the shotshell editions.

Wayne

9. highway

highway Member

I think I have that one. It looked like one you might have put together. I don't think mine is spiral bound.

Thanks anyway,

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.