1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB & J at school...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Himark, somebody asked - how did we get along ok all those years, without quarantine areas in school lunchrooms?

The school district is scared to death some SHYSTER will represent the grieving parents and claim that the school didn't provide "proper supervision"...ie, the "lunch lady" should have prevented the kids from sharing food, etc.

Separate tables = "due diligence."

So to make a long answer short - years ago, every parent didn't raise their kids to grow up and be LAWYERS.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is all about parents like himark and you who evidentlycant supervise their kids.

Parents who let the kids do as they please.

Parents who are the largest part of the education problem we have today.

Parents who think that by creating arguments over "peanut butter entitlements" are impressing their kids

What really happend years ago was that parents began turning out whiners, complainters, and those who think the country owes them something. Those same people now have kids of their own.

That is what this is about Buzz Gun

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

With all due respect, Buzz, I think you're going about this thing the wrong way.
    Why don't you see if you can persuade your buddy, Gene, to compose a questionnaire or a pop-quiz that he can administer to the parents of Elementary School aged kids. If they flunk, he can take one of his big guns, and blow'em away.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Didn't you guys have enough in the last thread that was closed? Did someone yell "FOOD FIGHT" and you guys just lost it, or what? :)

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ah, yes of course...

6. g7777777

LOL @ buzz gun- sounds like you got divorced and your wife actually thought she was entitled to something?

Poor Buzz

regards from Iowa

Gene

Buzz were you the one on the other thread that blamed this all on women being in charge?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Never posted on it...it just occurred to me that we all got along without this for a heckuva long time...and peanut allergies ain't a new thing...and separate tables ain't exactly new technology or progress, either (we could have thought of that 100 years ago)...so what gives? What changed?

The school district is scared to death of having the pants sued of them and being bankrupted, that's all.

...Because of an excess of lazy, dishonorable parents who won't direct their kids into real, productive professions.

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." -John Adams

What has this society of ours come to when a parent won't even force their child to take the law boards????

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Back before there was free lunch programs for poor kids at every school, they would let moneyless kids like me work about 1/2 hour a day for our lunches. Some washed the dishes, some cleaned up. I cannot tell you how many number 10 cans of "peanut butter, USDA" I took off of the loading dock to stack in the store room. I know they used them because I was also the one who emptied the trash bin for the kitchen. Since food at home was not too good, I always appreciated the cafeteria lunches and thought they were pretty tasty.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Leo, remember the govt butter? Yumo!

11. g7777777

Buzz= lets forget the lawyer stuff for a moment, which is entertaining.

Lets use your comments " the grieving parents "

Why would you ever have some kid die when it is easily preventable

Peanut allergies are new by the way or much more common

If 99 percent of the kids were eating peanut butter it would be those 99 percent eating together and the allergy kids seperate-

It obviously isnt 99 percent eating peanut butter- it is less than 1 percent

In the case at hand it was only some spoiled kids who dictated to their parents when and what they would eat for school lunch and those same parents who insist on their right to send peanut butter to school.

The parents in this case can obviously afford an alternative to peanut butter and really need to tell their kids what they are going to eat- not let the kid tell the parent

regards from Iowa

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

This is America, if you want to eat peanut butter, you have a constitutional right to do so. As long as the proper safeguards are in place. HMB

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Gene, you can make up numbers with such ease, I think the ATA should put you in charge of designing a new handicap system! (I can just see you standing outside the lunchroom with your clipboard, taking your poll: "What's in your lunch box? I see...Who do you like best, Hannah Montana or Britney Spears...uh huh, check...").

On another topic...I read this morning where there's a big hubbub in Daytona Beach about wanting to ban people from the historical practice of driving their cars on the beach. Where do you fall on that issue? It seems a couple 4 year olds have been run over and killed, one while holding the hand of their uncle. (10 incidents since the 1990s...but it's not new; there was even one girl from an earlier period who was run over while sunbathing).

So what is it? Are Americans "spoiled" to expect to drive their cars on what essentially amounts to a recreational playground? Or...is it the fault of those dumb parents again, for not having the sense and sensibility to not let their kids get run over while they're holding hands with them?

We are going to re-engineer society, right here on TS.com folks, into a higher and more enlightened mode of existence: send us your ideas. Gene and I will thoughtfully consider them...and pass them on to Gary Bryant and Chuck Hrosik for final approval.

Cheers,

Buzz

14. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

In a related story, The City of Daytona Beach is considering establishing checkpoints where parents or adult relatives of children under the age of 16 would have to be evaluated for competency in "adolescent management skills"(AMS)
    before being allowed to accompany their children onto the beach. The city officials, represented by the law firm, Cheister & Cheister, are hoping to have a questionnaire available for review at the first public hearing which is scheduled for next month. Because of the success of "questionnaire" type programs in other areas of the country, it is hoped that an AMS screening may help thin out some of the really shitty parents in DB. (AP)

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I thought this was a dead horse but anyway just listen to Gene he knows all, if you don't believe it he will tell you.

I kinda stuck up for high mark and Gene put the bad parent label on me gee that sure breaks my heart Gene, and further said that what I had posted was BS, gee Gene I guess you can't read

But I will tell you this, I have never fathered any children, but I married the nicest woman in the world and she had two very young boys at the time, their father left the scene when they were infants, so I took them on.

Raised them both the oldest got his PHD in Chemical toxicology from Cornell in 1996, and the youngest is a Lt Colonel in the USAF, stationed in Alaska, they paid for their own schooling and if they needed help we helped them.

I guess I'm a shitty parent, Gene what have you done to be such a great parent?

Oh BTW I still think you need to type peanut allergies into your browser and try to read some info before you spout off

16. shelly

shelly TS Member

I confess that I've given my dog peanut butter and he's then gone a licked people. My God I must be a murderer.

Is Gene really trying to say that people shouldn't eat peanut butter if others are allergic to it? That's insane. I assume he thinks that people shouldn't own those nasty guns since somebody was killed by one. Is that what passes for logic in Iowa?

17. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

And therefore, it is your parents' fault you flunked the law boards?!?!

18. g7777777

LMAO - I wonder how many of these posters are union members? seems like the Union mentality to me-

I have a right to drive my car anywhere I want

I have a right to tell the school administration how great my kid is

I have rights greater than other parents of other kids because I say I do plus those parents probably arent union members

If my kid wants to eat peanut butter rather than the cafeteria food- my kid can tell me or the school he has that right

btw beaches are places that people go for recreation- highways are places people go to drive cars- what is the complaint? it amazes me to hear you idiots blaming the people that got killed on the beaches and their parents

regards from Iowa

Gene

19. g7777777

lmao@user1

they had some score keepers at Vandalia that would cause anybodys eyes to cross- that is if they had hormones running through their blood

are you sure it was the peanut butter and not the jam that you saw that long tongue licking off their chin?

regards from Iowa

Gene

20. shelly

shelly TS Member

Gene, why do you hate peanut farmer so? They don't belong to a union and are just growing a good cash crop. If it were up to you, they would all be getting welfare since you want to destroy their business. Is everybody in Iowa, where they apparently don't grow peanuts, such a heartless prick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.