1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB in cold wether

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shrek, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Active Member

Hi,

How does PB perform in cold weather. Specifically in 1 1/8 oz, 1200 fps loads in temperatures we regularly encounter in the upper midwest in winter?

Thanks

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

PB like 800X is ok in cold weather as long as you stay with the hottest primers...greendot will do the same but is easier to touch off..I love the patterns I got with it as well for handicap shooting from a IM choke

3. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

works well...I've always used Win 209 primers, so I can't say what difference weather would have on the performance. Usually quality components yeild quality results.

4. shrek

shrek Active Member

I have Win 209's and Fed 209A's and downrange xl-118 wads and some downrange versalite wads on hand and rem sts and old school win AA's for hulls.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I use PB with Remington primers, even for one-ounce loads here in Pennsylvania and have no problems. But I keep the shells in the heated car interior en route to the club and take them into the clubhouse when I get there.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.