1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB 1oz loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Does anyone out there shoot a shell like this?
    Win AA hull,Win 209 primer,22 grains PB, CB 1100 wad, and 1 oz hard 8s.

I've shot this shell using Nitro 100(16 grains) for practice,skeet, and sporting for years, but am considering changing to PB.(jury still out on the NEW nitro 100)

Just wondering if anyone has positive feedback using this set up?

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Yes PB is a good powder for a 1oz. load, but it's a little pricey, BUT also a little more versatile (chamber pressure wise) for heavier loads than the faster burning offerings, fine grained--consistent drops--meters well- expect some leakage unless you have a very well sealed bar. Ross

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ross nailed it. I shoot 7625 but only because I dont shoot 1oz loads. They are like brother and bigger brother

4. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I shoot the receipe with the exception that I use a WAA12 wade, its really a comfortable load to shot, and it shreads targets.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

PB is all I've used for a long time and I mainly shoot one-ounce loads. I use STS hulls and Downrange Jammer XL-1 or Remington TGT-12S wads and Remington 209s with a lighter powder charge than you are, but I'm not after more than 1,150 to 1,175 fps.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.