1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

#@$#@$#@! PayPal

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ljutic73, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My wife uses PayPal to purchase craft and antique items, mostly from the US. Today when she attempted to buy fabric from a US seller, PayPal refused the sale telling us she had reached her paying limit? WTF? Everything gets paid by a secure credit card which is paid off. So what business do they have telling her how much she can spend? It's like you've bought 10 cars, have the money to buy another, but somebody says, no you can't without buying more credit from us first.

Have any of you run into this. I don't use PayPal. Never have. But many of the sellers my wife deals with don't do business outside of PayPal.

Ron Burr

Alberta

2. philk

philk Member

Ebay has been trying to make it impossible not to use Paypal on purchases there.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

If you are not a verified buyer your spending limit is $10,000. Jeff

4. dhip

dhip Active Member

E-bay as far as I know,is linked with Paypal,why would they stop using it?Always use it,never a problem,and have gotten money back from crooked deals.I belive above is correct,being a verified buyer makes a difference.

Doug H.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

philk, they own pay-pal. Bulge.

6. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Might wanna reread his comment Bulge...

And also I like paypal, ive used it quite a few times, and it makes me a bit more comfortable knowing there is a chance to get your money back if something bad happens.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Steve,
    No quite that easy. After 30 minutes on the phone with an agent from God knows where who was hard to understand we got transferred to another agent who sort of explained it to us. My wife is doing what's required to correct the problem but I'd rather she closed her account and never dealt with the outfit again. I hate PayPal...and Ebay for that matter. I refuse to buy or pay for anything on those sites.

Ron

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The ATA uses Paypal as a vehicle to pay my dues... couldn't be easier...

Jay

9. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

PayPal is VERY anti-gun. They cancelled my personal account when they found out I had a gun business. We were accepting Paypal for non firearm related sales. They closed my account and I had a tough time getting my money!

They are useful, just ultra liberal gun haters.

My 2 cents. I feel better now!

Bob Schultz

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have been a Paypal member for many years. Never had a problem until recently. I bought an item on ebay & payed with my paypal account. Item never came. Seller sent me a tracking # but he never actually shipped it. I filed a complaint with Paypal and 7 days later I had a complete refund inc shipping. Two weeks later I see a charge of $4.99 on my Paypal account to a "justintv.com" I know nothing of this outfit and never ordered any subscription to it. Somehow they got my paypal address and charged my account. Paypal backed it out and sent me a refund. My Paypal experience has been good but I am still puzzled as to how they can bill my account without my approval

11. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

My wife's paypal account has ben hacked twice causing us to have to shut down debit accounts. Use it when I need to but don't trust it AT ALL. Money orders work just fine.

12. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Ron,

I had the same problem.

I was verified (card with bank account backup) someone hacked into my bank account and I had to change the account #. I always paid with the card so Pay Pal never knew the account was colsed until I hit the wrong icon and tried to pay from the old account which was closed. Pay Pal did use the credit card on that purchase, but I was no longer verified and had reached my spending limit of $10,000.00.
    They wanted me to register my new account, but there is no way I am giving them my account # again. I don't know if Pay Pal was the source of the hack or not, but I will not take the chance. They told me they were trying to come up with a newe system???

Long story, I haven't bought anything through Pay Pal in 3 months. I I find something on E-Bay that I want to but I go direct to the seller, and pay them direct, if the seller won't do that I find another seller.

Robert

13. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I also had my paypal account hacked several years ago. Somebody bought a lap top and billed my account. Paypal fixed it, but it was a pita. I don't use ebay or paypal anymore. As Bob says, they are very anti-gun.

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I have heard they were super anti gun, and that might explain something or maybe not, I used my Cabela's card for almost everything ( wanna rack up those Cabela's bucks LOL) but every time I have tried to pay for anything on paypal it will not accept the card

Don't know why but maybe they hate Cabela's because they sell guns

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    spitter, quote: <i>"The ATA uses Paypal as a vehicle to pay my dues... couldn't be easier..."</i>

Bob Schultz, quote: <i>"PayPal is VERY anti-gun."</i>

Lots of irony there.

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

BIO... isn't that the truth?!

I get a twisted sense of satisfaction when I can send money for a restricted industry purchase by sending money as a personal transfer - amount owed...

no Paypal fees to the seller...

Jay

17. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Years ago, before I knew better, I signed up with Pay Puke, but my company credit card was rejected. Why?

My company card has Guntrainer on it. That is the name of my business. I wrote them and told them to take the card or no dealings from me.

Well, they would not open the account on that card and I have never bought anything with Pay Puke.