1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paypal?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by mcneeley5, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

0   0   0

I sold some odds and ends last week and am "experimenting" with paypal as payment. My paypal experience is very limited, do many of you use this method for TS.com deals?

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I love using Paypal.

It is so convenient, and you can set up your account to accept funds or send funds directly to or from your bank account. You can also set it up to use a credit card as an alternate.

You can go into the site and see all your transactions and you can also keep a balance of funds available to you there when you want to buy something that the little lady doesn't need to know about. It's like having your own bank on the side.

Kevin

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Most things here aren't very paypal compatable. Basically, if you can't sell it on ebay then it is against paypal policy to make payment for it. They can freeze your account for purchasing/selling gun related items using paypal.

They are very anti-gun so I wouldn't use them anyway!

ss

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I use PayPal often but have never used it for any of the transactions on TS.Com ... I have never had a problem with them in all the time I have used them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

Use it. will be shortly for blinders.

Doug H.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I'm not sure why you have to declare that it is a "gun related" item? Why would you do that? I like PayPal and use it where I can. At least several times a month. Use the personal tab and send the money noted as a "Gift". No fees, nothing lost to the recipient, just dollar for dollar and the item ships. I was late to that party, but am catching up quickly.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

It's not the declaring part that's the problem. It's when there is a dispute that things can get into a mess in a hurry. This issue has been discussed on here more than once.

ss

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I was told that if you purchase something and pay with Paypal and you want to return it, that it is very difficult to get your money back or your credit card credited.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Just be aware that if you use paypal for a prohibited item, and later need to dispute the transaction (gun not as described, broken, lost, ect), paypal will do NOTHING to help you, and will most likely lock both the senders and receivers accounts indefinitely (along with any money you have sitting in either account). Paypal is not a bank, and does not have to play by the same rules as a bank does, they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want with your money (which is why I never leave any money sitting in my account). I would have to imagine using "gift" also gives the sender little recourse in the case of a deal gone bad, so I'd only use that option if the money isn't a lot, or you implicitly trust the recipient.

As far as being difficult to get $ back on a deal gone bad, how I understand it is paypal can get your money back if its still in the paypal account, but if its already been transferred to a bank account or withdrawn from an ATM, there's nothing they can do, except block the acct from future transaction, and possibly garnish what your owed from that. Thankfully I've never had an issue as a buyer or seller when paypal was involved, but am still as careful as can be when it comes to paypal.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I used paypal for a few items I bought off ebay. The problems began when I didn't receive the item I bought and paid for. I only got a part of my money back and that was after quite some time had passed! No more of that crap for my money!

Hap

11. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

0   0   0

If you are selling make sure you charge an additional 3%... I made this mistake when selling a shotgun and once the deal was made I wasnt going to go back and add another 3% to the price but it is a mistake I will not make again

12. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

I find it funny that people complain about the 3% charge. This is what most credit card companies charge to use a credit card. It's not uncommon at all.

If you are a seller, you just need to be aware of the charge and adjust your price accordingly.

Also, did you know that charging extra for using a credit card is against the credit card company policy? So, putting something like this, "There will be an extra 3% charged for using a credit card" is against the rules, and you can lose your rights to use their card.

However, giving a "cash discount" is acceptable. For example, saying, "We will deduct 3% from the price if you pay by cash, check or money order" is perfectly acceptable. This way you cover potential credit card charges, and make your customer feel like they are getting a better deal.

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

if you are a merchant or running a bona fide business where you accept credit cards, the credit card company will try to penalize you for tacking on an extra 3% for a customer using a credit card. I don't think they are going to waste time going after some Joe Blow off the street who sold an item on some website and charged the buyer an extra 3% to use his card on paypal....

My experience with paypal has been mostly positive...I don't link my main bank account to paypal. I have a second bank account that has zero funds sitting in there at any one time and use that to do my paypal transactions. Reason being was that a few years ago, paypal decided to charge me for something I never bought in the first place. So they withdrew funds out of my main bank account. I had to call paypal to dispute the charge as well as call my bank to file a dispute. Paypal didn't know why I was charged for something that I didnt buy in the first place...maybe a glitch in their system or someone hacked their system and stole my account info. Who knows...

14. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Regarding the 3% fee, I tried to tack on this to a purchase and was told by PayPal that I could not do this. It is written specifically in their rules that you can not pass down the fees to the buyer.

Bryan

15. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

0   0   0

If you pay by personal check or USPS money order and the deal goes bad who do you contact to fix the problem if the check or money order has been cashed?

As far as the three percent goes if you want a hundred dollars for your item sell it at 105.00

16. aiken1

aiken1 TS Member

0   0   0

If you use PayPal you will be giving a donation of 2.9% to a anti second amendment organization.

Why not take a check or money order instead and donate that 2.9% to the NRA or your state organization.

We have to take a stand against the people that are against our constitution

Think about it.....

Jeff

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

MIA has it right... send money as a personal transaction and if it comes from a bank account the transaction is FREE... how great to have a "less than friendly" vendor handle your shooting sports related transaction at their expense!

Know your customer, know your seller, take advantage of PayPal/eBay!

regards,

Jay

18. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

0   0   0

been using it for years.. over 4k paypal transactions.. only lost my money once,, and it was for $15

19. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Use it plenty. It is SAFER than mailing a check or money order. You pay someone and never get the product paypal will refund. There not there to hold your hand if what you bought is not ALL its suppose to be. They are there just to protect in out right fraud cases. Yes the 3% sux as a seller but at least I know its paid for and can go out right away.

FYI, ALWAYS, ALWAYS ship to ony the address linked to the paypal payment. A buyer can claim he never got it if shipped anywhere but and they will pull money back.