1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paypal

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hawk46, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

0   0   0

Seems as though no sellers here accept funds through Paypal. I think it would make buying and selling much easier. Is there a reason for this general aversion?

2. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

0   0   0

it is against paypal regulations to pa for a gun with paypal. if they find out, they will freeze your account. I found this out the hard way, i sold a gun on here and accepted payment for it through paypal, the buyer wrote in comments "for payment of bt-99". paypal froze the funds and wouldnt let me deposit them. I had to make several phone calls and then the lady that finally helped me said i was lucky to get the money released that it was rare.
    paul

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

0   0   0

Interesting, didn't know that. But they don't know what it's for unless the buyer tells them right? "Services rendered" seems like a good reason. I suppose it would negate the buyer protection provisions, however.

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The way to do this is to "Gift" the money to the seller. This way you can avoid the surcharge and any questions as to why or what you are buying.

Bryan

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A GUN WITH PAYPAL. If you use PP to buy a gun then put down for your reason for buying, art work, painting, silverware but never a gun. I have done that and they never know a thing. Just make sure the sell is aware of what to do also.

6. porky

porky TS Member

0   0   0

Nducky has said it all.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I know that folks are upset with eBay and Paypal about firearms, but I can still buy firearm related accessories... so why not manipulate the Paypal system to my advantage when necessary...

After clicking the "send" money tab, the buyer enters their email address chooses the "personal" tab underneath - and then selects "payment owed"...

I still maintain that if someone is paying with a bank account or Paypal balance, why not let Paypal handle the transaction and do it for FREE...

I get some satisfaction from that! (lol)

regards,

Jay

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I accept PayPal, and in fact this week sold several Perazzi and P/W items on eBay accepting PayPal payments. I also sold the sametype of part directly from the shop and accepted PayPal.

Unfortunately I get hit about 4%+ taking PayPal.

WW

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Most PayPal users who sell have a commercial account and PayPal charges 3% to receive funds.

Jim Skeel

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

I know it's hard to give up 3 0r 4% of the sale but on the other hand would you have missed a sale if you didn't accept PP?

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

There is an alternative.... If you have a a iPhone you can open your ouw direct account with Square Up. https://squareup.com/

Screw PayPal

Tom

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

just pay by check. say i buy a gun for $5000. i mail the seller a check for $15,000. he calls me back to tell me i overpaid by $10,000. i tell him to just send me a check for $10,000 with the gun... good luck with it

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If I were dealing with a person and they asked me to use paypal knowing it was against the rules??? Sorry but I would pass. It would be a warning as to their integrity and may only be the beginning of a nightmare. JMO

14. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

0   0   0

Quartering, that post made no sense at all. Strange contribution to this thread.

15. amerrycan

amerrycan TS Member

0   0   0

I refuse to use paypal due to their gun stance. if it means I don't sell something I can deal with that. James

16. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

I use PP when convenient....Best way to use them.

Bernie

17. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

...paypal works great. Can't say much for their policies regarding gun stuff though.

18. RichBandit

RichBandit TS Member

0   0   0

Subject: Paypal
    Email:
    Date: Sun, Feb 13, 2011 - 07:51 PM ET
    Website Address:
    Quartering, that post made no sense at all. Strange contribution to this thread

What he is talking about is a common thing crooks do to steal money from honest people. They send you a bad check and then people send them a good check for the difference. That way they get the product and the cash on top of it.

19. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

Not to wild about paypal either but you can`t hardly buy or sell on ebay without it. They are almost forcing you in to it over there.

20. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Actually PayPal charges 4+%.

If someone were to send me a check for a large ammount OVER the charged amount and then ask for a refund check, I'd have to scratch my head in wonderment of why in the heck did they do that in the first place. Furthermore, I farted around with them through 4-5 emails trying to get their fuill address so I could calculate postage. I then gave them the exact amount due including the postage, and they came back with the overage thing. I also told them that I would return their check and have them send me the correct amount.

There is no way I'm going to get caught in some scheme that seems to be the norm on the Internet. Had that recently happen with a company in Cyprus ("Merchandising Supply Company")... they were going to send me an "overage" for some large quantity of Perazzi parts and then get it to their "freight forwarder." I told them to send payment via credit card or PayPal for the exact amount plus shipping. I live in an area that we don't have freight forwarders, let alone to some foreign soil. It wasn't freight anyway - it was a small parcel. It had to be a scam I am sure. I guess they all think we fall prey to the Nigerian scams.

I did ship some parts to Cyprus last week and that was a good deal via the Internet and PayPal.