1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paypal transaction question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I "sold" an item and got these emails. I have never had a transaction like this and wanted to see if any of you may have had one like this. Any insights or observations are appreciated. Jim

This is one of the emails:

"Dear Jim ,

PayPal would like to inform you that funds have been deducted from "Buyers Name (His name actually is here buy I wanted to keep things anonymous for the moment)account but can only be credited into your PayPal account once the shipment tracking number has been sent to our database administrator for verification at link.notifications@accountant. com

This action is not a request from our client but a security measure we are taking to ensure and protect both parties involved in this transaction.

We would want you to have the item mailed as requested and email us with the shipment tracking number so that we can verify it so that your account can be credited.
    PayPal is sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

PayPal International."

This is another email:

"
    Amount:

Recipient:

$X.xx USD

"My email address"

Transaction ID: 0CP35036HW153811J

Subject: Please get the item shipped as soon as possible

Note:

You have been paid for "Item sold" - Brand New

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping Information

Address:
    "Buyer's Name and address"

Address Status: Confirmed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller from possible fraud. Here are the necessary information needed from you before your account will be credited.The tracking number of shipment,your PayPal ID, Send tracking number to us or email us through this link link.notifications@accountant.com and our customer service care will attend to you.
    **PLEASE NOTE**
    Once the tracking number has been sent to us and shipment verified which is within the next 5 hours You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited.
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team."

Just not wanting to get screwed. Thanks for your help. Jim

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

First go to your E-bay account and then look in messages. If its not there it will be a scam. Only use Paypal through your own conections through Ebay. Never use an E-mail for Ebay or Paypal. I get several scams a week. Jeff

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Never seen a message like that before, and i've used paypal alot to send and receive funds. Sounds like a scam to me.

4. bigdogtx

I "sold" an item and got these emails. I have never had a transaction like this and wanted to see if any of you may have had one like this. Any insights or observations are appreciated. Jim

This is one of the emails:

"Dear Jim ,

PayPal would like to inform you that funds have been deducted from "Buyers Name (His name actually is here buy I wanted to keep things anonymous for the moment)account but can only be credited into your PayPal account once the shipment tracking number has been sent to our database administrator for verification at link.notifications@accountant. com

This action is not a request from our client but a security measure we are taking to ensure and protect both parties involved in this transaction.

We would want you to have the item mailed as requested and email us with the shipment tracking number so that we can verify it so that your account can be credited.
    PayPal is sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

PayPal International."

This is another email:

"
    Amount:

Recipient:

$X.xx USD

"My email address"

Transaction ID: 0CP35036HW153811J

Subject: Please get the item shipped as soon as possible

Note:

You have been paid for "Item sold" - Brand New

Shipping Information

Address:
    "Buyer's Name and address"

Address Status: Confirmed
    This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller from possible fraud. Here are the necessary information needed from you before your account will be credited.The tracking number of shipment,your PayPal ID, Send tracking number to us or email us through this link link.notifications@accountant.com and our customer service care will attend to you.
    **PLEASE NOTE**
    Once the tracking number has been sent to us and shipment verified which is within the next 5 hours You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited.
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team."

Just not wanting to get screwed. Thanks for your help. Jim

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

First go to your E-bay account and then look in messages. If its not there it will be a scam. Only use Paypal through your own conections through Ebay. Never use an E-mail for Ebay or Paypal. I get several scams a week. Jeff

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Never seen a message like that before, and i've used paypal alot to send and receive funds. Sounds like a scam to me.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Report it to PayPal.ASAP

8. Tracer

Tracer Member

I sold a 67 Mustang to a fellow in New Zealand and he tried to pay me through PayPal. They sent me the same message, "Paypal payment has been deducted from Buyers account" $7100, and credited to my account but would not be available until the Mustang was received in New Zealand, which would take about 3 months. The buyer had the car picked up and had the shipping info. for them but they still wouldn't release the money. He finally withdrew the payment from the paypal account and wired me the money directly to my account. I would not ever deal with PP again. I figure they just wanted to sit on the money and draw interest as long as they could. If they done that with a lot of people, just think how they would benifit. Del

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

10. bigdogtx

You all are right. Sent it to Paypal and it was a phishing scam. I really appreciate your help. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.