1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paypal scam

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smokinold32, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinold32

smokinold32 Member

Just wanted to let everyone on T.S. that I recived an Email that was bogus. Email stated that my paypal account was put on limited access. Also stated this was my 2nd notice. I was to click on the blue link to resolve this problem and to give them more information. Said they would cancel my account. This all came complete with a bogus case number. I called paypal and they verified that this was a scam. They told me my account was 100% OK. If I were to click on the link the scammers could retrive all my personal info, not just paypal. It's going around right now. Just wanted to let everyone know to beware of these jokers. smokinold32.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I get those all the time, delete them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The other one to watch out for is when they ask you to activate your paypal card. Just send them to spoof@paypal.com

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My wife got a notice from them after a transaction was denied. Paypal said in a clarifying phone call that she had reached her transaction limit and would have to provide more banking information before she could continue to do business through them. I asked why, explaining that all her transactions were done using a Visa card that got paid off every month but I was told, "those are their rules" and if she wanted to pay for more items using paypal she'd have to do what they asked. I bit my tongue and stifled the urge to tell the person on the phone (from Mumbai I'm guessing) to @!#$ off and die. Anyway we set up a small account to use for paypal that never has much money in it. Still pissed about it. Rat bastards. While my wife still uses it there is not one thing on this earth I need bad enough to use paypal.

Ron Burr

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

If you get an email saying that something is wrong with your account for X,Y,or Z, just go to the actual website of X,Y, and Z and log into the "real" website itself. Some people don't know any better and click on those fake links they get in those emails.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I just call them direct in Omaha and talk to the PayPal folks. Great folks to deal with. Thay have ALWAYS been helpful.

If you feel that it is a scam, simply log onto your PayPal account and once there if it IS true, you'll receive notification right there on their secure site. NEVER respond through an email.

WW

7. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Fyi.....NEVER log into a link on anything. Just goto the home page of site in question and log in there.

8. eastcoastshooter

eastcoastshooter Member

Some punk is always trying to take something from good people, I'm sick of it.
    Wish I could find a way to keep all of our stuff save. Keep it in a box in back yard I guess?

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You should have seen the Pay Pal account I set up with the scammer, gave them the name of a local bank that I do not use, gave a bogus acct# and my present acct bal and my phone number if there was any problem, the phone number was my local police dept.

Bet they got suprised

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

If you get an email from Paypal that starts out, Dear Paypal user, and not your name, it is almost certainly bogus. They are phishing, as it is called, trying to get someone to bite on their scheme. Pay attention to how it is addressed.

11. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Lujtic73,

I had the same thing happen. After you reach your spending limit ($10,000), you can't use the card anymore without providing them bank account #. I talked (emailed) them and they said they were going to change their rules but I think not.

Robert