1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PayPal question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I have read PayPal's policy regarding firearms and certain accessories.

They do not mention or refer to optics - scopes, holographic sights etc.

Does anyone KNOW FOR SURE if they include optics in some catch-all category or do they allow optics transactions?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. burtona

burtona Member

They have that stuff on E-Bay so I'd assume PayPal wouldn't have an objection.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Pretty much, if its on ebay, its OK for paypal, because, by their own rules, you must pay by paypal for items purchased on ebay anyways.

4. 100straight

100straight Member

They are anti-gun. That's really all you should need to know.

Mark.

5. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

THey are anti gun, but so is ebay, in many respects. ( I had an auction for a magazine pouch pulled for being an "assault weapon part." This was for a fabric pouch, mind you.....

Unfortunatley, they're the 800-pound gorilla.

If you're worried about an item being flagged, make sure there are few details in the PP transaction.

6. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

What I do know is that...If there is Any Trouble with you and your Seller and or Buyer with the Transaction...And, THEY, become Involved with Resolution...BOTH PARTIES will be SORRY for USING PAY/PAL...Been There..Done That. Shoot Well...Shoot Often, Bart

At one Time used ebay and Pay/Pal...Had Hundreds of Transactions and AAAA feedback...Don't Use Either anymore Because of it.

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

They only question here is "why would you contribute to an anti-gun organization?"

PayPal needs to go the way of the dodo. Extinct.

Many other forms of payment available out there.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thx guys.

To those who pointed out PayPal's anti gun nature, I am well aware of that. However, to those who say "Don't dare do business with them", you may do as you wish. It's a bit unrealistic to adhere to that policy in may cases.

Thx for the info.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. 100straight

100straight Member

"To those who pointed out PayPal's anti gun nature, I am well aware of that."

THEN WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SUPPORT THEIR BUSINESS???

If the Second Amendment and freedom are really important to a person, it is easy to not financially support anti-gun organizations. I used to be a big Ebay / Paypal user and I stopped. If more people would exhibit some principles concerning the shooting sports and our constitutional rights, there wouldn't be any successful anti-gun companies. Beyond that you are just making excuses for poor behavior.

Mark.

10. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Same as flabigpapa here. Used to be on E-bay all the time. Now never.

11. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Gene:

Optics are not a problem. Stocks, grips, are not a problem.

Hulls, bullets, cases, lead shot, etc. are a problem.

You also have been given some mis-information by another responder to your inquiry. It is not mandatory to use Paypal for payment on items you sell on eBay, but Paypal is convenient, and in the real world, people will buy stuff with Paypal when they wouldn't or couldn't cough up the cash to buy a money order and send it because they have a credit card attached to Paypal and it is a way they can incurr more debt. I just tell people in the listing to contact me if they wish to pay for the item with some other form of payment. I have used eBay and paypal for years, and I have never had any of the horror story type problems that some people run into.

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

It is a violation of ebays terms of use to request any form of payment other than paypal. The buyer can send another form of payment if it is acceptable to the seller, but the seller cannot advertise that he'd be willing to accept another form of payment, or request another form of payment.

13. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Skeet_Man

Actually your flat statement of " by their own rules, you must pay by Paypal for items purchased on eBay anyway" is wrong.

Ebay will allow Paypal, Propay, Moneybookers, Paymate, and credit or debit cards through the sellers merchant account. In addition, Pay me later, and pay upon pickup are allowed.

In addition there is also a list of catagories that are exceptions which allow Bank Transfers, money orders, checks, and other listed online payment services which eBay lists.

You can find the information by going to the help section, then working your way through the membership & account, rules and policies, and into the accepted payment policy.

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have made many purchases on here and Ebay and have always paid with certified bank check or personal check. If that's unacceptable...screw it. I'll move on.

Keep using pay pal.......money just keeps going to the anti-gun orgs that want to take your guns away. Also leaves a "footprint" of who you are, what you bought and where to come get your guns.

Apparently using facts, logic & common sense doesn't work on here sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.