1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PayPal may not be used to firearms, firearm parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PapCharlie, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

Dear Charles Tyler,

We appreciate the fact that you chose PayPal to send and receive payments
    for your transactions.

However, your account has been limited for violating PayPal's Acceptable
    Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to
    send or receive payments for firearms, firearm parts or accessories,
    ammunition, weapons or knives.

What do yoy think about that???????
    I say F**** Pay Pal & EBay

2. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

I am so mad i can't spell YOU.... YOY

3. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

I quit them both about 3 years ago. E-Bay and PayPal can kiss my @$$...

Jack

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I did see something from http://www.auctionarms.com/ called gunpal I am not sure what the details are but I am thinking its paypal for us. I personally have used paypal for recieveing payment and payment of gun related items I just list them as goods or services they dont need details as far as I am concerned, I AM POSITIVE, someone some where is useing paypal for drugs or pay for some other illegal goods or service.So I guess next step which would either be good or bad for Paypal would be for NRA to step in and use the legal forces that they have for a descrimination suite. Becaues the guy at work is black or "NOT WHITE" he gets away with lots. Because we are Firearm enthusiast we are decriminated against. Well there must be some Attorney within our group willing to make a name for themself.

Jerry

5. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

Hello Charles Tyler,
    We have completed our review and have restored your account.
    Thank you for your patience during this process and for helping to make PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.
    Thanks,
    PayPal Account Review Department

They froze my money.. i was unable to fransfer my money to my bank.. Until I ( Agreed ) to their policy..
    Piss me OFF.. BIG TIME..

6. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Tell pay pal to DROP dead I got ripped off twice via Pay Pal and Ebay---NO LONGER.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You must have been too honest with these liberal puokes,,,,they believe in "don't ask, don't tell",,,,let them be happy with that....

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Use "Gunpal". That's what it is for. Rick ~~~~Texas

9. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Isn't Pay Pal the only way to pay the $2.00 fee for pre-squadding @ bigger shoots?

10. philk

philk Member

Just what Jerry said, don`t say what it is for. No big deal, don`t ask don`t tell.

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Yea this little secret has only been going on for about 3 or 4 years now. I am suprised you got away with using them for hulls as long as you did Charlie! They are not a bank! Pay-Pal can do whatever the fu%# they want and hold your money hostage. I guess I though everybody knew about this! It has been kicked around and beaten to death on so many sites , so many times, and for so many years. Jeff

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

10 minutes ago I cancelled my PayPal and ebay accounts. Let them make their $$ off the liberals. Ed

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You can use PP for gun parts, knives and other items as such. If you go to Ebay they still sell some gun parts and knives and edge weapons. Yes its true that you can not use them to send payment for a firearm. To get around that just say service, books, car parts, anything but a gun or ammo. How the hell are they going to know what goes in the box.

14. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

I just signed up for GunPal account about a week or so ago after someone posted it here on TS.com. I would encourage all gun oweners or any one who belives in the 2nd amendent to sign up. I think it is fairly new or it is to me. I think in time as more people sign up it will become as easy to use as PayPal. When I signed up It seem to be conected to Action Arms site which I belive the NRA has some connection to but, not sure. I haven't used it yet because I haven't purchased any thing on line that offers GunPal. But here again I think it is fairly new service out there. I hope so and in time we can all can tell payPal were to go. Most of us can get away with the don't tell thing but, in Pap Charlie's case he sells a lot of hulls that makes it more difficult to keep PayPal from finding out. All it takes is one buyer to be asked by PayPal what there buying and if that buyer dosen't know to tell them it is somthing else the cat's out of the bag. Other wise the dumbells don't know the differene.

John

15. locdoc

locdoc Member

I, too, ran afoul of PayPal's regulations. Got all my $$ out and just a week ago signed up with Gun Pal. No feed back yet, though.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

16. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I just sold an 870 stock and received payment through Paypal and I bought another stock from ebay and paid for it through Paypal with no problem?

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of RCBS items on ebay. Riflescopes too.

they are just as consistent as the present administration.

HM

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok with me I don't do pay pal I would rather do send me a check and if you are a trapshooter than I will send it before i get the check.
    So far I have never been burned so all I have to say about pay pal is they told me I had to use them before and they deposited 2 deposit's in my checking account to make sure it was legit and me telling them the whole time I don't want to use you but they deposited about a bit over 50 cent's to my account and wanted me to confirm it and I never did so I gues im 50 cents up on pay pal right now until I have to use them im sure then ok I rufuse to use them so anyone wanting to buy or sell something to me in the future and can't trust me I can supply plenty of referencens but anyway Pay pal can stick it where there is no sunshine.

Foggy

19. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

We had sold gun on Gun Broker and Sent a Invoice. through Pay Pal with the Word GUN in the invoice..
    That was my mistake..

To: Ryan Brady (ryanbrady@hotmail.com)
    Amount: $625.00 USD
    Date Requested: Feb 13, 2010
    Subject: Ruger 10/22 gun 155192951
    Invoice
    Charles Tyler
    12710 Silver Golf Ln.
    Odessa, FL 33556
    United States

813-792-9346

papcharlie2@copper.net

Qty Item ID Description Unit Price Amount
    1 155192951 Ruger 10/22 gun 155192951 600.00 600.00
    Subtotal: 600.00
    Shipping: 25.00
    Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $625.00 USD

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

PayPal says they have policies........we have policies also.

1. Never use PayPal for anything. Nothing but a bunch of left coast bedwetters.

If I'm going to get pissed off it won't be because I used their service. MANY other options out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.