1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paypal for ATA membership?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 700X-user, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I find it interesting that the ATA uses paypal to receive online membership payments!

Paypal doesn't allow payments for guns, but you can join a organization that is all about using guns. Doesn't make sense to me! It seems to me that Paypal is talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Ed

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Paypal.....HAH!!!

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I completely agree. I don't know why the ATA would offer that as a payment option. Why support an organization that would like nothing more than to see the demise of the shooting sports.

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

paypalsucks.com

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

paypal seeing your demise? Paypal is owned by ebay. Ebay stopped selling gun parts. It's about liability and the fact that the W Vir. shooter purchased extra Glock 19 magazines on ebay.

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Why not use Gunpal. Same type of payment options just gun friendly folks!

Soon to be used on my website as a payment option.

Bob Schultz

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Start petitioning your delegates now - why support pay pal?

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

" paypal seeing your demise? Paypal is owned by ebay. Ebay stopped selling gun parts. It's about liability and the fact that the W Vir. shooter purchased extra Glock 19 magazines on ebay."

Yes, PayPal and eBay (they're the same company) would like nothing more than to see the shooting sports vanish. It's not about liability, why doesn't eBay do away with eBay motors? Cars kill more people every year than guns do. eBay and PayPal are just another organization that looks to restrict our rights as firearm owners.

9. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I am glad I am not the only one that sees the irony here. I had forgotten to pay my membership this year and went online to the ATA website. I was surprised when the website directed me to checkout at Paypal.

Ed

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I used Paypal to pay my ATA dues... nothing better than having an anti-gun group assist me in furthering my shooting sports avocation!

Just another perspective!

regards all,

Jay

11. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

NSSA also uses paypal for membership dues. I have emailed and called my state rep. about the issue but so far no results. My punishment for shooting skeet I guess...........

Shoot safe and join the NRA, John

12. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

NSSA also uses paypal for membership dues. I have emailed and called my state rep. about the issue but so far no results. My punishment for shooting skeet I guess...........

Shoot safe and join the NRA, John

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rich219: An answer to your question. Ebay and PayPal hasn't sold a car (yet) that killed 19 people. It's about protecting your business just like I had to with me gun shop in Georgia and like Bob S. has to do with his.

14. Landshark

Landshark Member

The NSSA uses PayPal as well.

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Funneling your money through such organizations is giving them more fire power (read money) to stymie your rights. I wonder if NRA uses "Pay-Pal" also?

Jay, I must disagree with your perspective! They make money and use it to lobby against us!! How is that helping us or hurting them?

Hap

16. spitter

Hap:

Gun rights will never fail on account of eBay or Paypal - gun owners make it happen or fail... its a self-fulfilling prophecy with gun ownership, to the point of challenging the very validity of our government - but remember this is solely my perspective - so of course its 100% right! (LOL)

eBay is unwittingly facilitating my ability to easily pay tax-deductible dues to a pro-gun organization and the ATA pays them $.50 +/- for being the transfer agent in the transaction. I just find the irony satisfying...

regards,

Jay

17. porky

porky TS Member

Spitter,
    I don't think that paying your ATA dues is considered a tax deductable activity. At best the ATA is a "not for profit " organization, not a
    " Non profit" organization. Paying dues to an organization is only deductable you are in that business. Perhaps you claim all your winnings from shooting in ATA events. Then it is deductable. Either way, I don't want IRS to contact you to talk about it. Then they look at your taxes for at least the next 3 years.

18. spitter

I'd appreciate anyone chiming in... it was my understanding that the ATA is a 501(c)3...

Jay

19. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I guess I am "old fashioned" I pay my ATA dues by a personal check. Yes I have to write the check, address the envelope, put the postage stamp on it and then go to the Post Office to mail it.

I do use "on-line banking" provided by my bank to pay monthly recurring bills but for Annual Dues to organizations I don't.

I don't and won't have anything to do with something like "Pay Pal".

Allen

20. Tryin

Tryin TS Member

NYS ATA is 501(C)(3). The key is AMATEUR: The promotion of amateur sports. I believe even your dues are deductible as a contribution. But Value of your time donated is not deductible and if you donate to NYSATA and specify the donation is to go to a specific individual it would not be deductible! There is an IRS publication for more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata membership paypal

paypal gun membership