1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Payoffs for St. Joe

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Ron(Oh), Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

Anyone know or have a link to payoffs for St. Joe this weekend?

2. Chilly

Chilly Member

I doubt they will post it on their web site. Give them a call at 260-337-1011. They are open Wednesdays and Saturdays. They may be able to email the information to you. They are typically pretty quick about mailing out options checks to those that are due money.

3. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

Thanks Chilly

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Slow pay and unwillingness to pay at the shoot is another reason for poor shoot attendance.

Don

5. indycamster

indycamster Member

"Slow pay and unwillingness to pay at the shoot is another reason for poor shoot attendance."
    Looks like Bunker Hill had more than twice as many shooters. I know of a few Michigan shooters who had to drive right past St Joe to get to Bunker Hill, IL.
    Don, are there any other reasons as to why shooters seemed to prefer BH to StJ?

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sure the closeness to Sparta is the main reason. My comment about St. Joe is about all their registered shoots. They are trying to build up attendance but don't seem to know how. There was a small 4 trap club 45 minutes to the east in Ohio who had over 100 shooters for just a lewis class shoot. What does that tell you? Their zone and they would rather shoot a lewis class. What does that tell you??

Don

7. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

How many of those lewis class shooters are ATA members or regularly shoot registered events? Also that lewis class was also part of the steak fry gun raffle.

8. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I would bet a lot of the shooters at the club Big Don's talking about were ATA members Sat. The Good Friday ATA shoot at this club seemed to have as many or more shooters than either zone shoot at ST.Joe. Their regular monthly ATA registered shoots outdraws St.Joe. Mabee because of the price of targets?

9. Chilly

Chilly Member

I doubt that it has anything to do with target fees. There is a lot of hard feelings regarding what happened a few years ago. Jaquas suddenly decided to drop the Central Zone Shoot at their location due to a disagreement with the ATA Central Zone Leadership. So they need to, at the last minute, look around for another club big enough to host the Central Zone Shoot in the region and asked St. Joe VCC if they could do it. They accepted and did it purely for business reasons. They are in the business to throw targets and make money like any club that has the number of trap fields they do. I went to that shoot and felt they did a really good job pulling this all together at the last minute. But alas, a lot of trap shooters in the region have strong feelings of loyalty to Jaquas took offense to their taking over and hosting the Central Zone shoot. It's for that reason why shooters tend to steer away from them. Personally, I do not hold it against them.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There is a lot of personal feelings within the relationship between many shooters and Jaquas. Then throw in the ill feelings over the Zone deal last year, and the travel distance for the "hub" of trapshooters that would normally go to Jaquas. More inconvenient, less will go.

St. Joe is a beautiful club, but it is known as a skeet club. I doubt anyone has ill feelings toward St. Joe, but it is an additional hour away for a large number of shooters.

11. claydust0069

claydust0069 Member

I must say that I have regularly shot at Jaquas in my time as an ATA member. The last few times I have shot at Jaquas has been plagued with equipment problems and problems with the help...mainly the scorekeepers and trapline help. They use a lot of young people and I am ok with that. I have a young daughter who is a shooter so I support kids being involved in shooting sports. but sometimes their motivation and attention to detail are lacking. This trap year I have shot in the Labor Day shoot, the Memorial Day shoot, the Fourth of July shoot and the Flag City shoot at Jaquas...just so you know I am not someone who goes there one time a season. I will be up there again in a few weeks. Last Friday I traveled up to St. Joe for the first time. It was my first time shooting in an ATA zone shoot. I shot with several of the regulars there at the club including some juniors who are excellent shooters and good sportsmen. The staff at St Joe were exceptional. The clubhouse is great. There was an equipment problem when a speaker came loose. But everything was taken care of quickly. I look forward to returning there and have told several friends over the weekend that I would like to take them there because I think they would enjoy it. I do not know anything about the history of the problems with the Central Zone shoot previously but if I were to judge the 2 clubs based on just this season and my limited experience at St Joe...St Joe would come out on top. Obviously, I shoot at Jaquas regularly, I have purchased several shotguns from them over the years and I will continue to patronize them but based on what I saw at St Joe on Friday...they know how to run a good shoot.

12. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

OK! Stop!!! You have all gone off on my posting with all your petty postings to your own hangups or whatever.
    All I asked was the payoffs for St. Joe, if you guys want to bitch start your own thread
    I might add by the way I loved the club and enjoyed shooting there..Ron Fisher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.