1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Payment Not Received - Suggestions ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by undersluice, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undersluice

undersluice Member

Ok guys, need your advice to deal with a situation about a recent sale through this website. I have not received payment for a product I sold on this website a few weeks back. The guy has "supposedly" mailed me a check twice !

The problem is , I, in good faith , sent the product before getting the money in hand. I know I should not have done it, but ,what can I say , I am too trusting and expect a higher level of integrity from fellow shooters. Foolish of me, but thats the background.

I can take this to the authorities (I have proof of sale and delivery) but wanted to seek other opinions.

Thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks, JB

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

is he a regular poster on here?

3. undersluice

undersluice Member

He does seem to post here once in a while and comes across as a genuine person from his posts. But the fact that he claims to have mailed me the check twice and I still not getting it does not cut it. I find it extremely difficult to believe that the check got lost in the mail twice. Also,I cannot get in touch with him makes me worried even further about his intentions.

I am trying to avoid jumping the gun here by getting law enforcement involved. I still want to give him the benefit of doubt.

~JB

4. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    I'm with you, something's up. Don't feel like a fool though, by my experience and the experience of most others here probably, shooters are an awfully good and honest group of people, who almost never do things like this. It kind of lulls you into a (usually not false) sense of security. Clay target shooting is a "gentlemans" (and "ladies") game, where most are good honest people who wouldn't cheat anyone out of a penny. It's a shame that a very few can ruin this level of trust. Let's hope it's just late cuz the wife found out or something. Good luck! Mike

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If the buyer sends payment before the item is sent, he worries that he'll never see the purchase.

If the seller sends the item before payment is received, he worries that he'll never see payment.

Long-range impersonal deals always leave one party in a state of uncertainty.

It has always puzzled me why one person expects a higher level of integrity from someone else simply because they both happen to engage in the same leisure-time activity.

MK

6. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

post his name

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Your doing right to ask here. You haven't yet slandered anyones name or jumped to any uncalled for conclusions. Hopefully the said party will read this and realize he is screwing up. Communication is key to any good deal. Sounds like the party you are dealing with is not one of the good ones. When most of the guys/gals here say they will send the check tomorrow it actually left yesterday. There are those select few that "F" it up for all of us. Good luck!!

Matt

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've done a couple deals here on ts.com....the buyer sends me the money order...I send the merchandise...and after the buyer takes reciept of the goods and is satisfied, I cash the money order. It takes longer but it's a stright up way of doing business that I insist on.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Usually I will include a phone number when I am expecting funds or I am sending a item to someone else. Even if you do not need to use it, you or they will feel more secure in sending either. If you are not sure call them and make sure the number is a direct link to that person. Jon

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I wouldn't worry for at least 2 weeks, most of the time it works out as has been proven on here many times.

11. tab

tab Member

There was a guy on here looking for a handle for a john hall case,so I mailed him that I had a new one somewhere and I would send it to him when I found it. So I got his address and sent it off, I just put an envelope with a donation form to ST. Judes and told him not to send me anything,just send something to them. I e-mailed him and have never got any responce back, whether he ever got it or not. Is a thanks to much to ask. No real value just bugs me.

12. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

As the grandfather of 5 I use the USPS very regularly.I've found them to be inexpensive and prompt.I've never experienced a late or missing item.
    Post the deadbeats name and stop him in his tracks.Youve done your part.

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if you are worried about a fake postal money order, cash it at your local post office...they may (at least mine does) verify it is legit. If it is not, then the postal inspectors will deal with the scam artist.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I ordered something 3 days ago from MT. It arrived to me in IL today via regular mail. It should not take (2) weeks for (2) checks to arrive to this man unless its coming from Austrailia.

Matt

15. undersluice

undersluice Member

I dropped him an another note today requesting him to get in touch with me ASAP. Unfortunately, I don't have his phone number , I have asked for it and given him mine again today. Hopefully, I will hear from him and I am not forced to engage the law enforcement machinery of our country.

I hope he understands that for a few hundered bucks it is not worth having a record, which might potentially harm ones gun ownership rights. I am still hopeful he will do the right thing.

Thanks for everyones posts so far.

Regards,
    JB

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

If you collect or deal in coins, beware of oldcollectiblecloseouts NICKBARTH24@LIVE.COM HE BURNED ME FOR $150.00. He does a lot of business on ebay,making them a lot of money. They gave me very little help. Clyde

17. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

undersluice,

Where is he and where are you ?

I have had the USPS misplace stuff including a USPS MO I sent that never made it that only had to go 100 miles. I have also had stuff take several months to get across the county because it was an odd shaped package. I refunded the buyers money and when it arrived, he sent me a check so good people do exist.

I think it will all work out.

18. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Enough already. Post his info. Strength in numbers. We'll get on him for you. Dave T.

19. 1oz

1oz Member

As I've stated before USPS has lost 2 items I have shipped in the past .What got to me was when they lost the paperwork for the lost item I had filled out. When i use USPS what ever i send i insure for full amount just incase.

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have bought and sold a few items on TS, I have ALWAYS known who the other person was through a phone call, not a PM or email, a PHONE CALL, then a quick check of their address on the net should yield a lot.....sure you might find an A hole that does not care, but once you know that they are where they said they are, and you have a home/cell and email....you'll likley not get burned!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.