1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pay to shoot coyotes????

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by poacherjoe, Dec 28, 2016.

1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

It's being discussed by the government of Kommiefornia!! I need to get the hell out of this state. First they stop mountain lion hunting so the deer population sinks to record lows. Then they stop the use of hounds for bear hunting so lot's of houndsmen either moved out of state or sold their dog's thus creating an increase in the bear population. So now when a lion kills a deer he eats his meal and when he comes back to eat on it some more it's gone!! Because the bears take it. Now the old theory of a cat killing 1 deer per week goes out the window. Now he kills more.No deer equals no hunters So lot's of hunters have turned to predator hunting .But now the state see's this increase in interest and say's hey we can make a buck of these hunters. Nothing is free anymore in this putrid state. Pig hunting was once free but the state took advantage of this for profit too. So get ready folks lead free bullets and permits to shoot Coyotes. After that they will try to charge tags for say ground squirrel's etc. What a bunch of jerks. The bay area and Los Angeles have way to many rich liberals and tree hugger's funding the anti hunt establishment and they are already on the board at the fish and game department.

2. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Ever consider moving? There are 49 better states to live in as you can't compete with the money the libtards have to stop all the fun.

3. Brent Paulus

Brent Paulus Well-Known Member

MOVE JOE, why stay in a unfriendly GUN state? There are about 44 other states to choose. Not counting Illinois, New York, New Jersey, to name just a few of the unfriendly. I left out Hiwaii only because of the cost to get the componets over there. I spent a few years out in sunny southern California back in the early 70s. Guess those folks didn't learn their lesson when they got rid of OL Jerry back then...

Billetproof thanked this.
  4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Hopefully some day that toilet of a state will fall into the Pacific Ocean...Bill

5. rw993

rw993 Active Member

From the way things are going in Kal, you will have to be able to kill one with a bow and arrow soon. Good luck with that!! I never considered a bow a home defense weapon, but there won't be many options.

Cross bows are next ban....

6. Mr. Pump Gun

Mr. Pump Gun Member

Try Iowa we have a continuous open season and no limit on coyotes.

7. Jethro15

Jethro15 Active Member

Here in Pennsylvania, they were considering offering a $25 bounty on coyotes. Not sure if that is still a possibility or not.

8. dwdds1

dwdds1 Member

The overgrown coyote population will take out a few choice chihuahua's and the fee to hunt will be lifted.

Jethro15 thanked this.
  9. Chance McCall

Chance McCall Active Member

Hey! If the only thing we are talking about is "gun friendly", Illinois is getting better, and hopefully, will continue to get even better. We even have a suppressor bill up that is starting to look like it might pass. That may be the only political reason to like Illinois however. Watch out for more than doubled income tax and tripled property taxes to start happening.

10. Chance McCall

Chance McCall Active Member

Many sheep ranchers will let coyote hunters they trust hunt for free and maybe even let them come back during bird and deer season.

11. Clark19

Clark19 Member

Come to Georgia. We will let you shoot all the YOtEs you want. And we don't mind being neighborly with all hunting

12. rw993

rw993 Active Member

It's amazing how Coyotes have made it all over the US. I grew up in NE Iowa and we shot fox for fur. Never saw a coyote till I moved west in 1977! Raising hell with the pheasants now so everyone hunts with dogs! Never saw a dog in a pheasant field either!

Mr. Pump Gun thanked this.
  13. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Is it true poaching never goes out of season ?

14. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

15. Carbine2k1

Carbine2k1 Member

16. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Domestic dogs run in packs and tear hell out of the deer population as well.

17. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Flash, if they are running cattle or deer we shoot them too.

18. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Near where I live there is a state park (Evansburg Park in PA) that was made from properties condemned for a dam project that never materialized - the park is long and skinny and convoluted. It is also state game land that allows deer hunting (shotgun only).

Every year a few dogs are shot by hunters for chasing deer - they 'pack up' and go after the deer and fawns. Owners let them run wild with no understanding that they will revert to their natural instincts and start hunting. There have been some really ugly confrontations over this in past years.

I stopped hunting there after one such incident. A hunter (legally) shot a dog off leash chasing two fawns of that year. Killed one for sure, not sure of the other. A hunter shot the dog right off the fawn and all I remember is the howling wail of the idiot liberal crying over her dog (well, she was driving a Subaru with a WWF sticker on it)... Sad story, and a hard lesson to learn. A shame the dog paid for the masters stupidity.

19. smokestick682's

smokestick682's Well-Known Member

20141204_173555.jpg
    I shoot everyone of these i see. Young female here. Shot 7 two years ago. Last year shot 5. I like hunting them with snow on the ground. Easy to see, with deer season ending, it's time to start hunting Coyotes.

20. ditchparrot

ditchparrot Well-Known Member

My brother shoots a bunch of them in the eastern part of California every year – as many as 40 or so in a big year. There's a cattle rancher who gives him a side of beef annually to kill all that he can.

There's another rancher over there (a guy who believes he's one of the top 10 smartest people on the planet) who believes that coyotes don't kill calves. Yeah, right.

Search tags for this page

paid trap shooter