1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pay someone to polish shot,MI

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shot410ga, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Buy a cheap brass shell tumbler (Midway) and a little can of graphite (Brownell's). Easy to do. Put about 10 lbs of shot in the tumbler add about 1/4 teaspoon of graphite and run for about 10 mins. When your done sell your tumbler of e-bay for 80% of the cost of a new one or keep it for the next batch of reclaimed shot.

2. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

All that will do is make a fricking mess. Terry

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Wow! I used a tumbler and added about 50 200 grn 45 Gold dots and tumbled for about 1/2 hour and did not even add graphite. The heavily oxidized shot came out looking like new! I did about 1/2 bag at a time! It worked for me! Tom Rhoads

4. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

0   0   0

mcneeley5_2008_030317.jpg
    Easy at home wash/polish. Get a steel mixer, small electric is fine. Only put as much shot in the mixer as it will comfortably turn, add a small ammount of detergent and wash for a few minutes. Dump into a wheel barrow and rinse well. Dry shot on screen or if you want fast put wet shot back in the mixer. While turning heat with weed burner till dry then add dry moly or grafite (just a bit). You can do a ton in an hour or less.

5. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Joe, if you are interested i would take your lead in as trade the next time i am in your area to deliver polished reclaimed lead shot. This is what my finished product looks like. Terry
    leadminer_2008_220415.jpg

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Use the household cleaning product - "CLR" and some form of agitation (tumbler, cement mixer, etc.).

It will break down the oxide coating easily.

Rinse, dry, and use - no real need to add graphite - just makes things messy - as long as the shot flows OK in your loader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.