1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pay more for govt services, get less service....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

We need to get rid of both parties and find a better solution. Nothing will change as long as we have a corrupt government.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I saw that this morning on TV, only the gummit could come up with a plan like that, our service is so bad that people aren't using us, WOW I have an idea, let's make it worse and cost more, that will cure the problem

Hope they don't go bankrupt, my wife bought $2000 bucks worth of Forever stamps when they were 36 cents each, be a pisser if they decided not to honor them

4. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Hope they don't go bankrupt, my wife bought $2000 bucks worth of Forever stamps when they were 36 cents each, be a pisser if they decided not to honor them "</i>

Your wife is starving the chiiiildren of honest hard working postal workers by not paying the prevailing stamp price!

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rocketdog you are right, until the people get mad enough to replace all of who's in DC nothing is going to change!

There is nothing wrong with our form of government, we just need servants of the people back in power instead of the "self" serving ones we have now.

Privatize the Post Office, it will work better then it ever did!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The post office is managed by a private company. However, one of the chief sources oftheir financial problems is that they passed a law that requires them to fully fund their benefits out to 2025. If they had a more common sense approach there would be a better financial picture.

Also they have invested a huge amount of money in the new sorting equipment, which equires a building the size of 3 football fields. thes new facilities are planned for all over the country.

I believe the private company is either incompetent or corrupt. They have resisted the idea of discontinuing Saturday service steadfastly. I for one don't care if there is no mail on Saturday. The present system is a nightmare for carriers with floating days off, relief carriers, and an unnecessary logistics tangle.

Guess what? My daughter is a mail carrier.

HM

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

If the postal service is a private company then why is it that their retirement system is the exact same one as federal employees? It's called FERS which stands for Federal Employees Retirement System. Before that they were under the Civil Service retirement just like all other government employees.

No matter how you slice dice it, the postal service is a government agency whose CEO is a government appointeee. The only reason the government doesn't claim it is so their huge losses won't show up on the deficit.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Brian, now you really went and made me feel bad

Okay, I'm over it

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

nobody can deliver first class mail to an entire nation, door to door, six days a week for only 44 cents a letter

10. lctrapshooter

lctrapshooter Active Member

Guys & Gals,

Thanks to Al Bore for inventing the internet. HA!! HA!!!! Online banking has sounded the death knell for the USPS. The politicians will figger a way to charge internet users for the privelege. UPS and Fed-Ex will pick up any slack...........

Then they will have us ALL by the short hairs and WE will pay more for less.

11. Brian in Oregon

Soon you'll lick a dollar and slap it on the envelope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.