1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pavilion shooting coats- beware

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Beware of Pavilion shooting coats. I purchased one about 3 years ago and have only wore it three times. The zipper is a cheap plastic that won't hold the front together, then they (zippers) pop off. They also, when they were working caught the material surrounding the sipper making it impossible to get the zipper down. The front of the leather is peeling off, it's very thin. And not even in an area that the stock touches. A badly designed zipper, and a cheap leather front. Don't buy this coat....

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

I've had mine for 8 years with no such problems. You may want to take this up with Pavilion, rather than smear their name.

Steve

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Kolardude: Out of warranty, and their product should be recognized for what it is. Sorry, you don't like my report. I report it as I see it.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I had a tailor replace the plastic zippers on my two Pavilion and/or Wile Hare shooting coats and it is a big improvement. The cost was $30 each and was money very well spent.

Ed Ward

5. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Wlid Hare and Pavillion are now one in the same.

Good luck getting in touch with them though.

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have 2 of the Pavillion coats the winter insulated one and the summer weight waterproof coat and one of their vests all about 6 years old. The coats have held up OK except didn't keep out the rain even when new and have sun faded over the years. The vest had the same zipper issues but the rest of the vest held up very well over many years so I put in a metal zipper. At my size(4xl-5xl)finding a coat that fits is not easy. I had thought about getting a John Storm but there are so few times I even wear a coat I really have a hard time talking myself into springing for it.

--- Chip King ---

7. T-Sobania

T-Sobania TS Member

I have 2 coats and a vest. Winter coat is 6 years old and faded, zipper and leather patch are fine. Rain coat has leaked like a sieve since day one. Vest 6 years old zipper and leather is fine.

T-Sobania

8. steveziv

steveziv Member

I love my Wild Hare cold weather shooting coat with the desperate longing of a love sick teenager. No problems with it so far.

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

mine is fine. I shoot in MN. NO problems. 4th year. I shoot every other weekend, jackpots

10. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Shot410guage--You are absolutely correct.Poor zippers as well as poor quality leather all around the coat.It is what it is. Zippers stuck 75% of the time.Wearing out much to quickly.

11. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

The zipper on my Wild Hare continually catches the outer flaps. I didn't expect this on a new coat. Easy to get it unstuck, but is a pain in the neck!

Chris

12. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

I've have one for 7 years and the zipper is cheap, catches on the and it won't stay up. I just squeezed the zipper together and this keeps it up. I don't like the patch either, it's too flimsy for my tastes and I like Storm's better and was considering calling Sue to see if she can stiffen it up. I don't understand how telling someone about their experiences with a product is smearing the companies name.

RM Houston

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a Bob Allen winter shooting coat. It is still going strong after 23 years. I have had it to the sealstress twice to repair holes I tore in it but no fault of the coat. also have a Browning slip on Vneck zipper up the frt that is wearing like iron now for 15 + years

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 2 of the Pavillion coats and no problems. They are 6 years old.

15. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Ive talk to Larry several times about his zippers on the coat always the same old story "Im out of stock on your size(xl)for the last yr and a half ..Iv even tried to vist him in Naples FL. when I was down there wouldnt answer his phone ...Sorry But when you get a product that is Not right How is that smearing his Company??? I just dont get it

16. LFT687

LFT687 Member

I've had my Pavillion coat for over ten years without any problems. It's a nice looking coat and I get a lot of compliments.

Dave

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I just bought one for a hundred bucks on TS,com. I don't expect a cheap coat to last too long. Those with zipper problems might want to go to a store like JoAnn's and pick up a cake of zipper lube to rub on those pesky zippers.

18. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

We can replace the zippers with either a heavy duty plastic or metal (your choice) for 20.00 plus return shipping of the vest. If you need other repair work done, give me a call. (We have done several in the past few years).

Sue at Pine Tree Sportswear 309-754-9440

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
pavilian shooting coats

pavilion shooting coats