1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Shyers passes away.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wylekiot, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

Paul Shyers passed away Monday. He had been in failing health for sometime. Paul was not only a avid trapshooter, but a fine gentleman as well. He was in the top 10 in number of all time singles shot at. Long time member of the Middletown Sportsmans Club, I'm sure he will be very much missed by his many friends and acquaintances. Thanks, Ken Alexander

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

My thoughts and prayers go out for Paul's family. He was a friend of mine, we shot together many times, And most of all I really enjoyed his company.
    RIP "OLE BUDDY"
    Rooferbob

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ken and Bob, Martin and I are truly sorry for your loss. We are sending prayers for peace for you and his family.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Paul was a fantastic guy. You could see him about every Wednesday at Middletown Sportsmens' Club. His goal was to reach 1 Million registered 16 yard targets. Look him up in the ATA standings; this guy registered a ton-load of targets. We'd all be drinking a Coke in the parking lot after shooting, talking politics and stuff, and Paul is like, "You guys gonna sign up for another hundred?" At his age, he was unbelievable. You cannot replace guys like him.

I am sad to hear of this, and offer my condolences to his kin.

5. Dean Townsend

Dean Townsend TS Member

Paul was a good friend of mine for over 40 years. He sold my Dad my first trap gun (BT-99) which I eventually won the Ohio Singles Championship with in 1980. I still own that gun and will till the day I pass away. For those of you who didn't know Paul, he was truly one of the best shots of his day. I will always remember the "look" he had of concentration and determination when he was working on a good score. One of his many victories was the Ohio Handicap Championship in 1986 with the lone 100 that day. Paul also served on the OSTA board of directors and as President of the OSTA as well. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him and had the honor of shooting with him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

6. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

Paul was a great man, and did alot for trapshooting, he will be sadly missed here at the Middletown Sportsmen's Club..... services for Paul will be held at Gerten,smith, and Boucher Funeral Home in Eaton, Ohio on Main St. veiwing 11:00 to 1:00 this Sat. 11-22-08......

7. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

8. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Thanks for posting that Pat!

9. Handyman

Handyman TS Member

Can someone please post an obit on Paul. Thanks, Jim Johnstone

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I sure wish I would have had the pleasure to have known him. My condolences to his family. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.