1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Shaw Wins Dixie Grand Single Championshi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Does anyone believe the wind would move Leo and look-they're both shooting O/U's!!

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Paul, From one Canadian to another congratulations. Trevor Dawe.

3. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

Good post. We need more posts like this one.

I was there too and saw the puller with the bare feet. I think he needed to use his toes when counting the scores.....

This was Saturday. On Sunday the temps were in the low 40s. I think he wore his shoes then which probably made it difficult to count the scores....

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Congratulations Paul on your victory! I'm sure the win and leo gave you everything you wanted. Best to you!

Rick Brohmer

5. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I was there and they are amazing shooters the wind was flying targets everywhere great shooting guys wow...

Martin Milano

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Congratulations Paul! That is great shooting at any time of the year, To come out of the Canadian winter where you live and shoot like that in January is just amazing.

Terry.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Great shootoff. Leo let one go high on station number 1. Congrats. Paul and Leo. Sunday I was on the first squad out on the shady golf course side and had about a 20mph NorthEaster. Brutal is what it was but better than the severe thunderstorms the night before. Looking forward to the Southern. Maybe I can go home with more than the belt buckle I won for Class HOA runnerup.

8. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Congrats to Paul! When I started shooting trap, I realize I didn't have a trap body (i'm 6' and 150lbs). After seeing Leo I know why I can't stand still in the strong Sparta wind. Congrats to both! Leo, can't wait to take a clinic from you. Matt Woodson

9. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Great shooting Paul!! Aaron Willoughby

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's always refreshing to see a different name (person) as the winner at a big shoot.

As a side note: when I looked at the 1st picture, I thought it was another Weight Watcher's commercial!!

Curt

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

FlaLagarto- You are correct. That scorer never seems to be wearing shoes when he scores. He also refused to score on the end trap where the fire ants seem to be setting up home.

Pat Ireland

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Congratulations Paul.

You put forth a lot of behind the scenes effort for our sport, and this win couldn't go to a better fellow.

Dave Monahan

13. J.D.Shaeffer

J.D.Shaeffer TS Member

Great shooting my friend, see you in March

14. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Clayton says 45' is the cut off. Below that the shoes come out. Good shooting by both in the wind. Jake

15. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I was just looking at the R. J. Stuart website, and it looks like a lot of our Canadian friends did good down there. Our friend George Jonkhere did good in the Senior Vet. ranks also...Good going George !!

Dave & Judy

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat, Clayton needs to be able to see his toes to keep track of the score each station. Hates it when there is more than two shooters,LOL. Seriously, he's a great guy always willing to help. Glad to see that you shot well and Mother got plenty of shopping in. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.