1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Sedwick memorial shoot info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadpair, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadpair

deadpair Member

I was asked last night to post the info on the memorial shoot for Paul.The date will be Saturday April 19th at the Portage Rod & Gun Club with the shoot starting at 9:00 am and consisting of 100 singles,100 handicap & 50 pair of doubles, Shoot all or only an event. There will be a social hour starting at 5 pm with a memorial service at 6:00 pm with a meal to follow.Please bring a dish to pass,salad or desert. The clubs address is w10450 Hwy 16 Portage WI 53901 for those of you not familiar with this facility.

Thanks
    Ken Sue

2. Duck

Duck Member

Hope to be there!.

3. Duck

Duck Member

I'm thinking that since Paul used to have a sign in board at the Grand for TS.comers, we should do the same at Portage for the locals who post here and can attend!.

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Thanks for posting, Ken. I already have the date on my calendar.

Tim Thompson

5. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

portage has a very nice club 4 traps nice banquet room inside of club is freshly redone with box car siding i think since paul was big into helping sctp we should bring some stuff to raffle off and donate whatever we get to the kids im gonna start this out my friends makeing a custom turkey call showpiece with glass top with glass engraved going to say paul sedwick memorial shoot portage rod and gun 2008 im going over to pick out wood pry olive or cocobolo and see about a custom box call also if this sounds good to people and you would like to donate something let me know it would make paul proud to help the kids Andy Pells (i really miss you paul) he was a good friend

6. NintyT

NintyT Member

I think it's going to be crowded. But I'll be there. Steve Johnson

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

8. berettagold53954

i just got word from a gentleman off here that his friend that owns presquad said he would presquad for free im gonna talk to guys at the club and let everyone know by mon

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Great idea! That will give the club an idea of how many squads they will have. (I'm guessing A LOT.)

Tim

10. berettagold53954

i should say free to the club i dont know if hes chargeing to do it but ill keep you posted i really wanna thank everyone for there support thats one thing i like about trapshooters we all stick together and for the most part willing to help eachother

11. happy

happy Member

Would someone please contact Paul's children for me or have one of them call me. 815-942-2314 or 815-942-2788. Norman Gilmoure Gota hav it inc. or email me gotahavit@comcast.net

12. happy

happy Member

13. berettagold53954

theres room but no hook ups for campers pride of america campground is in portage or my choice indian trails in pardeeville otherwise the dells is only 18mi away theres quite a few there thanks alot ron sorry it took us so long to get back to you

14. k80kid

k80kid Member

Friends,

PreSquad.com is honored to list this memorial shoot. Even though I did not know Paul personally, it's obvious that he touched many shooters.

May Paul's family and friends find solace in each others company.

Mike at PreSquad.com

P.S. PreSquad.com never charges shooters for pre-squadding. Any pre-squadding fees are set and collected by the club. (Sometimes there are additional fees involved with credit card transactions, but this is independent of the fees charged by the club.)

15. berettagold53954

how many people from hear are thinking about comeing

16. Twixter

Twixter Member

Just a little more info on the Paul Sedwick Memorial Shoot:

PreSquad.com has graciously offered their services. Please feel free to use this service to give us more of an idea as to how many to expect.

Their is parking for Rvs on the grounds but no hook ups of any kind. Other camp grounds are located in the area.

Club is located only 16 miles from Wisconsin Dells (water Park capital of the world!!!!). Also motels in Portage,Wis. Just 3 or 4 miles from the club.

Outlook for the day hopefully will be: Shoot starts at 8 A.M. 16 yd closes at noon. Hdcp to follow 16 yd event. Doubles to follow Hdcp (time permitting).

Social hour to follow shoot; hopefully about 5 P.M.

Memorial Celebration of Pauls Life about 6 P.M. Everyone invited to speak on thier rememberences of Paul.

Meal to follow the memorial.

Portage Rod and Gun club will hold a Registered Shoot on the next day, 20 April 08.

The Memorial shoot is non registered.

Any questions please call Mick at 608-444-6233, after 7 P.M. CDT.

17. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I'll be there for sure. Wouldn't miss it.
    Shane Marquardt

18. Twixter

Twixter Member

19. Twixter

Twixter Member

20. Twixter

Twixter Member

Just a reminder to use presquad.com. Expecting a good turnout so get your reservations in.

Thanks, Mick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.