1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Ryan dumb headline of the week award

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by midalake, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

"Paul Ryan said today the president has gone to "great lengths" to make gas more expensive in this country."

For ANYONE that would even think about this headline for a nano second, I have a bridge in "Tim-buck-too" for sale.

Dumbest headline of the week...........And actually a dumb thing to say.

GS

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Well that's the problem, the media cannot be trusted.

They write dumb headlines.

Look at all the times they have mis-quoted Obama............according to Obama.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Yeah, we NEVER heard anyone say that from 2000 to 2008. (Actually, that's all we heard).

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

For a while it was "Bush and his oil buddies" who were to blame. Now it is Obama. If Romney wins, "what goes around comes around"

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Just who was it that made statements about gas prices here should be similar to what is paid in Europe, what president's administration denied an oil pipeline, I could go on and on, Obama might say it was Bush!

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Who is NOT allowing American contracts to drill in Gulf and off Florida?? Who wants to be the biggest customer of Venezuela??? Who wouldn't sign the Keystone Pipeline deal???? Who is against drilling in ANWAR????

Looks like pretty "great lengths" to me......

7. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Midalake, if you don't think the polocies of the Obama Admiistration hasn't greatly contributed to higher gasoline prices I would like to ask you what color is the sky in the world you live in? One of the dumbest threads I've ever read on TS.com.

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Midalake,

Give that award to yourself, you've eclipsed anything Ryan could have said. Research and google can be your friend.

Sorry for your loss,
    Kip

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Not taking sides here and not claiming to be a know-it-all. But, from what I think I know from study, Ryan's statement is accurate. Liberals want (their words) oil prices to rise to "Force" a change from pollutants in the atmosphere. From the driller people that I know in the oil industry, the biggest hinderance and threat to growth of domestic oil replacing foreign oil is...you guessed it...Democrats and liberal platforms. Remember Sarah's motto..."Drill Baby Drill!" That statement was in direct opposition to what the Dems and environmentalists want to see but aligns directly with what conservatives stand for...Free Enterprise and best use of domestic resources. And remember, Obama halted the pipeline which would have created jobs for American workers and, according to some, lowered the price of gasoline in the US.

milt

OBTW, send me a price and pictures of that bridge you have for sale...

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The best thing about arguing with a liberal is you can just sit there and say nothing and they make themselves look like an idiot all by themselves

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

It's election time again. Look for more and more liberal post(especially from names you haven't seen). The liberal hackers will be out in droves trying to get Ali-Bama reelected!

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Fact: Fuel is much higher than it was four years ago.

Fact: Obama has stopped drilling and blocked the Canadian pipeline from entering the US.

Fact: Bush sought to drill in ANWR while Obama and cohorts champion blocking it.

Fact: Paul Ryan is spot on.

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Mr. Thompson:

Your post and several others is/are spot on. That's good but not adequate. Here's why...

The ts.c audience is varied. Some readers immediately recognized your post as factual. Others didn't. Among the latter group are folks like midalake and johnny. I'm not acquainted with them so I can't say if they are dim bulbs, living in denial, or are willfully ignorant. Since they post factually incorrect nonsense fairly regularly, I suspect 'all of the above' apply.

There are however, some very nice people in the audience that for whatever reason aren't particularly well informed. For the benefit of those nice folks, it is always best to post links to news articles or video to back up your position.

Any reader that doesn't already know what president dumb@ss thinks about gas prices should perform a simple youtube query: "obama on gas prices". They can listen to the words directly from the horse's mouth - or horse's @ss as the case might be. In one of midalake's nanoseconds one can see who's dumb and who aint.

Sincerely,

sissy

14. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

WOW.......some fine responses. But NOT an intelligent one in the bunch. The truth is we could drill a hole on the corner of every block and bring a pipeline into every city and the price of gas would not change!!!!! There are forces much more complex and greater then "just a few policies" Talk about two faced!!!! While some are quick to point out that Dems have faith in Govt to give them what they need, many of you right here turn around and ask that same thing from your wantabee. PS I will have the right answer for you when you all have a fit over my post.

GS

15. oz

oz Active Member

why are we selling gasoline to china?

16. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Paul is trying to get his party elected so be prepared for more off the wall remarks, there may be some truth in what he says! If you believe that drilling on federal land would increase the world supply oil enough to lower world prices. It's been tried under Bush and didn't work, so why would it be any different this time. A county or two would just cut back on production. Just remember what Paul says doesn't have to be true!!!
    He just needs someone dumb enough to believe it.................!

17. Rick Barker

Loons are out late tonight.

I guess the answer is always going to be it won't do any good to produce more oil, increase production, we are doomed.

Lefties have no courage, they give up too easy.

To do nithing is not the correct answer.

The American spirit is to do what other nations can't do, yet more and more people here lack what it takes to set themselves above the common.

I feel sorry for you gutless losers.

Guess it is normal considering their hero sits in the White House.and is the biggest loser of the history of this country.

18. Rick Barker

Here is something for all of you to ponder.

The amount of crude oil the USA imported from all other countries for the first 6 months of this year is: 1,977,518,000 barrels

The amount of crude oil the USA exported to all other countries for the first 6 months of this year is:............9,806,000 barrels

See the difference? We import almost 2 billion barrels and export only 10 million the first 6 months of this year.

The amount of REFINED petroleum products and biofuels consumed by the USA for 2011 was:................6,870,000,000 barrels.

Notice the distinction about crude imported and refined used. We use oil for many other things besides gas for our cars, like plastics we throw away, you know those things shot shells are made of.

The amount of refined gasoline the USA consumed in 2011 was:........................... 3,190,000,000 barrels.

The argument we should not produce more oil here because we export a fraction of what we import seems a little dopey to me.

Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration

19. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Gee...all I asked for was a price for and picture of that bridge he has for sale. Am I to believe he's practicing that "smoke and mirrors" thing? And I MapQuest'ed "Tim-Buck-Too" and nothing came up??? I think he's just fooling us......i.e., he didn't really mean what he said about the gas/Obama thing that Ryan said...did he? (not a rhetorical question).

milt

:(

20. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Rick, no one said anything about not drilling for new oil, just that it wouldn't have much of an affect on the world market, I think your numbers point that out. My point was that the president has had very little affect on the price of oil which is based on the world market. Therefore paul is playing on our desire to have low gas prices and our lack of understanding of what controls oil prices. That's what people do when they are trying to get elected.
    They make dumb shit up and hope people believe it.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We like to blame the president for everything, the true is he doesn't have control over many of things that people blame him for doing or not doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.