1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Jaeger custom guns,anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bocephas, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Anyone have a custom gun by Paul Jaeger of Jenkintown,PA?

Some of you are probably too young to remember this fine German gunsmith.

His name still is a legend today.Fine old school Black Forest Gunsmith.

I have a Winchester Mod. 70 Super Grade 220 Swift he did for me in the late sixtys.Stocked in French walnut,24 lines of checkering,and hand cut steel butt plate.Jaeger custom sling swivels.He had this gun 9 months,and after about 30 phone calls I received it from his shop.He had a backlog,and you could not rush him.Dam hard to understand on the phone,due to his German Accent.

If you have one of his guns which I think is an honor,please post what you have.

He did do a few Win.Mod. 12s,fully engraved.

2. map@neo

map@neo Member

Apr 25, 2007
    I have had a couple of his rifles. Key words: "have had".
    What an idiot I am. Sold them a long time ago.
    Both 98 Mauser actions. One was a 270 Win.cal.
    The other was 30-06 Springfield cal. Both beautiful guns. "Classics"!
    Dont see them around any more. People alot smarter than me realize
    what they have.
    Did you know that Dietric Appel of New England Custom Gun in Lebanon, New Hampshire is Paul's nephew. Dietric studied and learn the trade from Paul.
    He is now the director of the shop in N.H. and has sold the business to his
    employees. They continue to do the best work in the northeast. Great people!
    Wonderful work!

3. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2007
    No, don't happen to have any...But I wish I did...I could remember going into the shop, in Jenkintown and drooling over all of the eye candy he had on display, especially in the upstairs showroom. I could just about afford the cost of having a recoil pad installed on my hunting rifle, in those days, let alone the cost of one of his magnificent rifles or drillings....

Thanks for stirring up the memories...

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
  4. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

May 9, 2007
    I got one for $125.00 (used) in 1976 becuase it was chambered in 25/06. That was not a factory caliber at the time, but I had a friend who reloaded it, so I could get a nice gun for cheap.
  5. STEL

STEL TS Member

Mar 15, 2009
    My Grandfather ordered a Paul Jaeger based on a model 98 action when he was going to engineering school in Pennsylvania, I am not sure of the year. He has long since passed and left it to my father, who hunts whitetails with it every year here in North Dakota. The rifle is chambered in 270 Win. and every year shoots 1" groups from the bench, it still has the original Weaver K-4 it came with and is a ridiculously beautiful rifle to be knocking around out in the field with. But if it were me, I would hunt with it too, I've never shot a rifle that feels better or shoots as well year after year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jaeger custom rifles
paul jaeger custom rifles

paul jaeger gunsmith

paul jaeger jenkintown pa
paul jaeger model 12

paul jaeger rifles

paul jaeger rifles for sale

paul yeager gunsmith