1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Harvey dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just heard radio personality Paul Harvey died. What a shame. I hadn't heard him in a number of years, but back in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s I listened to him everyday at noon. Back then he was the only sane person in the media or so it seemed.

RIP

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I really liked his "The Rest Of The Story" comments.

He will be missed.

Ed Ward

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well that sucks.

5. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

That is really a shame. I also enjoyed his commentaries for many years. It would always seem to break the monotany of the workday. Listening to Paul Harvey and reading Mike Roykos' column. Two Chicago greats. RIP Paul.
    Neil Swenson

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have listened to him since I was a little kid and my parents had it on. He was one that reported the news without the sensationalism and with a piece of humor or sarcasm which usually brought a smile to your face.

His "Not the same world", really opened your eyes since the MSM wouldn't talk about it. The "Rest of the story" was always trying to figure out who it was before he said.

Well it is now time for "Page Seven" as he is now with his Angel again.

Thank you Mr. Harvey for the time you let me share with you each day. God's speed.

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I got a kick out of him selling Roach Proof (I think that is what it was called). Tells a story about a town being over run with roaches and all problems were solved. He told it where one might even believe it.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

What wouldn't I give, to have Mike Royko alive again, commenting on the "subprime crisis," the "Stimulus Package," and "Bailout Fever."

I bet Slats Grobnik could make it all make sense. There hasn't been a newspaper opinion page worth a tinker's damn, since Royko died.

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Yeah I always like to listen to Paul also.

And now for a true story.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AD1MQUPC8bE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AD1MQUPC8bE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GOOD DAY

10. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

He never seemed to recover from the loss of his wife. Now they are in the same place together again. Post-2

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mr. Harvey and his wife used to drive from their Ozark home to their Chicago area home on old US 66. They would always call ahead to The Hut cafe in Litchfield, Ill, my home town, and order a couple of pies made by the original owner of the cafe, Katy Crowell. Katy's pies were legend.

Usually they'd eat lunch and they would chat with the locals. The Hut was always busy and very popular with the union RR and road construction workers in and around Litchfield. Many times a section gang off the RR would stop their for breakfast or lunch. The waitress', including Katy's daughter were all union restaurant workers in honor of the greatest number of their clientele. I don't know of a time when I didn't have breakfast there before going hunting.

Katy's husband, Tip, was an avid trapshooter and a charter member of the Litchfield Sportsmens Club. Mr. Harvey talked about his favorite restaurant many times on the radio. Maybe ole Katy's serving him a piece of her apple pie right about now. He had it with melted American cheese on top.

12. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

ONE OF THE GREAT'S

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

To bad many people will never know what they have missed. A true person and a man of God.

14. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Well, NOW we know the rest of the Story.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.