1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Patton pic is posted

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nanuk, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

nanuk_2008_03036.jpg

2. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

That is awsome. Stuff like this needs to be shared. Thanks.
    Jimmy

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

My fathers neighbor Erv Cirzan, (deceased) was in Patton's tank core, as an ambulance driver. When I was young he would tell me stories on how his follow soldiers could not stand Patton. He said they even put money in a pot offering someone to take him out. He said Patton was an SOB, you knew where you stood with him, but also said they were glad he was on their side.
    Steve Balistreri

5. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

The caption beneath the picture reads:

"The Commander of the 3d Army at Washington yesterday with his grandchildren. Left to right, George Patton Waters, four years old; Michael Totten, three; Beatrice Totten, two and John K. Waters jr., seven. The father of the Waters children, a lieutenant colonel, is now recuperating in the capital after three years imprisonment by the Germans and liberation by General Patton’s forces."

I was just at a skeet shoot yesterday -- the North-South, in Damascus Maryland. The shoot was sponsored by one of the grandchildren in that photo -- John Waters. John is a great guy who has done a lot for skeet and shotgun sports, in general.

Thanks for posting the picture. Do you have a higher resolution version you could email to me at bstorey@cox.net?

Bruce

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

John is a ret LtCol Army.

7. laura!

laura! Member

One of our favorite family stories came from my Uncle Freddy. Back in the day, the family would often have dinner parties and, as entertainment, have the children recite poetry or sing a song. Patton had taught Uncle Freddy a poem which Patton claimed he wrote, and that Uncle Freddy should recite to some of his more "pious aunts and uncles as it would do them a lot of good." Uncle Freddy, being a gullible young child recited this...

There was a goddam spider

Lived up a goddam spout

There came a hulluva thunderstorm

And washed the bastard out

The sun came out so bright and clear

And dried up all the rain

So the goddam spider son of a bitch

climbed up the spout again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.