1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Patterns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Push, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Push

Push TS Member

Using a pattern board positioned 40 yards distance - shooting the same gun with two shells, one loaded 1100 fps the other loaded 1200 fps - which will have the larger dia. pattern. Guesstimet as to how much larger.

Thanks in advance
    Dick

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

With the same choke, they should be the same size. The lower velocity shell might shoot a tad lower, but should be the same size. With a full choke you should have 75-85% of your shot in a 30 inch circle.

Wayne

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Are you talking pattern in general inside the fabled 30" circle or pattern as a whole on say a 48" square paper?

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I agree with same pattern but slightly,(ver damn slightly!) lower. Martinpicker

6. drgondog

drgondog Member

I tend to disagree that the slower velocity load will have the 'same pattern percentage or fundamental density throughout the pattern.

All things equal (powder type, wad, shot hardness, barrel choke and forcing cones - my experience gives the slower/ower pressure load a slight advantage presumably due to slightly less shot deformation - and thereore 'flyers'.

Whatever opinion you want however, ou should be able to get one.

My only recommendation is to try 'em under controlled conditions, including recording velocities - and counting pellets...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.