1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Patterns and Release Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WindyCity, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

If you are shooting a release trigger, when you first started shooting it, did your "on-paper" patterns go up or down? I just patterned my gun last Friday from 30yds and it seems my pattern has dropped around 4". My old pull trigger pattern was nearly 12" high. I am using the same chokes, same gun, same "fitted" stock, and same shells. I asked another about this dilemma and was told that the speed of the release was so quick, it would actually lower the POI. Does anyone have any insight? Am I just losing my mind?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks

Cory

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When I shot with a Pull trigger I would stop the gun's vertical climb for just an instant and then pull the trigger. With a release trigger my gun barrel is still moving vertically and horizantally when the shot is fired. If I could shoot a Pull trigger again, I would probably need a higher POI to compensate.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The trigger is not part of the POI equation. What you do to the gun while releasing or pulling the trigger can effect where the gun shoots. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.