1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Patterning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdogs, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Yesterday, while shooting practice, I had the embarrasing experience of shooting a 19. I missed 4 easy straightaways and every left hand target. I shot another round and had exactly the same result. A friend dragged me to the patterning board where I found that my gun was shooting one whole pattern to the right. I removed the comb and discovered that the posts were loose and the comb had shifted. I adjusted the posts, tightened them and went back for another round. I powdered 24 straight targets.

I could not believe that this happened. It may explain my decreasing scores over the past several months. In fact, I had gotten so discouraged that I had not shot "registered" in quite a while, thinking that maybe Father Time had caught up with me. I now have renewed interest and will get back in the fray. I will also pattern my gun periodically, not to make adjustments but to make certain that everything is as it should be.

You're never too old to learn!

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Had the same problem with the comb on my XT replaced the hardware and all is well. Eoody

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I would have to assume that your gun has no mid bead to check how your beads are lined up. Thats a long time not to know something was out. Better Luck in the future with it. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.