1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

patterning frame plans?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Anyone have simple plans for constructing a frame for holding patterning paper? I'm tired of using thumbtacks on a wood pallet. I'm thinking PVC would be idea as it'd be sturdy but lightweight. I have an idea for one, just wondering what else is out there.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Buy lots of PVC pipe. Or, get two 10 sections of 1/2 metal electrical conduit and a connector. Use a pipe bender to bend each 18 inches at a 90 degree angle on one end and 2 feet at 90 degrees perpendicular, but in opposite directions, on the other ends. Use the connector to join the two 18 inch sections so that you have a frame 36 inches wide with one 24 inch long foot pointing forward and the other pointing to the rear. Get two metal clamps and screw to each of the 18 inch sections on top. You can now assemble and disassemble the frame with just one of the connector screws. Put weight on the feet if windy. Get a roll of brown building paper at Home Depot, lay on the ground, pull up and attach to the clamps. Fire away.

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I made one out of 1" by 2" pieces of wood with two more Pieces to keep it up. I used screen door hooks and screw eyes to hold it. Quick and easy still after 10+ years.

4. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

We have two at the club. One is bent rebar, open in the middle with a leg that goes from the middle top to the ground to hold it up at an angle. The other is a piece of steel that the is held up at an angle that flattens and stops the lead pellets. Both work well EXCEPT when steel shot is fired at the steel plate. They don't flatten, rather they come bouncing back at an incredible speed. We had a guest that wanted to pattern his gun, so we set him up. He did not say anything about shooting steel duck loads and no one asked. If we had not had steel angled enough that the returning shot went slightly over our heads, we would have been hurting. Something to consider when shooting steel.

Mike

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Made out of pallet wood, takes a beating nad holds up to weather.

6. mike T

mike T Member

skeet mam email me I have a plan out of 3/4" copper, elbows and T's. Works great and uses the end pieces of the paper rolls from the local news paper (you can usuall get them very cheap or free) Just slip the pipes together clamp the paper to the frame and pull apart when done. fits in a trunk of a car. Drop the x's
    mike t
    mtxx1100@mchsi.com

7. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Skeet Man;

I built the one that Mike T has the plans for (Thanks again Mike!). Post your email address and I'll send you pictures.

Larry

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

larry- email is kolarskeet@gmail.com

mike- sending an email right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.