1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Patterning board

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blackdogbiz, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackdogbiz

Blackdogbiz TS Member

I wondering if anyone has a good idea for creating a durable, inexpensive and permanent patterning board. It would be used for patterning about 100 - 150 kids each season.
    Paper is so slow and the cardboard backer gets torn to shreds too quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions... you folks have never steered me wrong,

Blackdogbiz

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Owning a construction company, I've always have 1 by stuff around. I simply build a 40" square frame out of 1x3's or 4' s. The ones at my farm have been up and in the weather for over two years now.

3. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

We use a large metal plate and roller with white grease on it,its fast and love it....

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Your choices are paper, cardboard, or steel plate, painted with white gease, or spray paint. We built a 2x4 frame and covered the face of it with Trex decking material. Then put clips at the top to hold paper or cardboard. The Trex has held up to hundreds of shots, and keeps the paper from blowing in the wind. We also had a metal plate, but took it down as no one was using it. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.