1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pattern the gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sand bags as if you were shooting a rifle.

2. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

I need to see where my new gun's POI is. ( Beretta combo) Had a bad first night with it, (O/U 30") Have been told to fire it from the 13 yd, & 25 yd, line, What I would like to know is should I mount it first or sand bag it and point? I need to dial this thing in. It was ugly

3. grntitan

Why were you using the O/U barrel? Were you only shooting doubles? Use your single for singles and caps and reserve the O/U for doubles. Thats why you got that singles barrel.---Matt

4. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

I used them because I had to start some where, I was shooting an 870 w/21" It seem like I am holding a telephone pole.
    It's just time, but asking

5. grntitan

What choke did you use? How bad did it turn out? Was there particular angles or shots you seemed to have more problems with then others? Certainly that 34" barrel will seem long compared to the 21" 870 barrel your used too. I think you'll find the long single barrel to be quite balanced thru your swing when actually shooting it. When you pattern your gun, make sure to pattern both barrels and try different choke combinations. See what throws the most consistant pattern and where both barrels from the O/U shoot as well as the single.---Matt

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

After you get it dialed in at the patterning board, shoot straight aways from post 3 and see what the target breaks look like. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.