1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pattern question for Neil...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicky, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

Have been wondering about your high-altitude pattern results and whether or not the percentage increases are linear with altitude. Would those trends continue until there was no pattern dispersion at all in space? Any ideas? Thanks, Quicky

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Quicky, the percentage increases are very substantial, but "linear" is another question. I've gotten sidetracked with some 7/8 patterns testing to appear here soon, then the altitude results.

Jack Seehase always maintained that patterns were caused by barrel vibration rather than the atmosphere and to the extent that he was right (not much, in my opinion) shot will spread in space. Consider also that the shot, squeezed by a choke, will tend to flare back out a bit when uncorsetted, but beyond that my guess is that the great majority of the shot would be concentrated in a pattern not much bigger than the bore diameter . That, as well as target-flight changes (no slowdown, no "peak", just a straight trajectory to Alpha Centauri), would put a stop to complaints about "lollipop targets" altogether.

Neil

3. quicky

quicky Member

I guess that renders moot the 2-hole 3-hole argument!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.