1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pattern is left

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gordy h, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

OK guys I just bought a differn't gun and it seems to shoot to the left when I pattern it. If I move the comb left or right will that help bring it back to the center? thanks for your time. Butch H

2. mt

mt Member

Move the comb in the direction you wish the pattern to move

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Butch, if you're sure that your gun is patterned properly up/down, then adjust the comb for right/left. You really should have someone look at your set up from the muzzle, to insure that you're looking directly down the rib.

Best,
    Dennis

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

First, the gun must be checked when shooting off a solid rest. Shoot ten shots at 13 yards. You will probably pull off 2-3 of these shots to the right, they should not be considered. It is very important to determine if the gun shoots to the left or you are shooting the gun to the left.

Make sure the sights are aligned. Moving the comb will make it easier to align the sights. If the sights are aligned, moving the comb more will not change the POI.

If, with the sights aligned and shooting from a solid rest, you find 8 out of 10 shots to the left at 13 yards, you have a problem. Perhaps the factory or a couple of well known barrel-smiths can fix the gun. An average gunsmith will not be much help

You could regulate (bend the barrel) so the gun shoots at the proper place at 40 yards but it would shoot to the left from 1-39 yards and shoot to the right past 40 yards.

Good luck.

Pat Ireland

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Take your time on yhis one, do as pat says.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that last, Pat?

Neil

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I have a model 12 that Simmons installed the rib on and it slipped in the jig a little when it was soldered on. It too shot to the left quite a bit. Most guys I showed it to couldn't tell the rib was off center either. After they re-soldered it straight, no more pattern center problems.

Pat, you testing the waters to see who's awake this morning? Neil never sleeps. :) Hap

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am absolutely certain my post is entirely correct and without any errors, except I got right and left turned around.

Pat Ireland

9. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

have ecentric choke tubes installed by briley.

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If it truly shoots left and it's not a defective choke tube, Sell the sucker and get one that shoots straight.

Jim

11. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

or, you could relax your left hand (assuming you're a righty) and try it again. I tend to grip hard when patterning and inevitably I will shoot a tad to the right. Relaxing my right hand (I'm a lefty), does the trick for me - perfect pattern right where I want it. Did it today as a matter of fact. This is my experience, so you can take this FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.