1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pattern Control Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by squirrelkiller, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I acquired a large amount of P.C. Wads, Pattern Control. Package says, "One piece shot protector shotgun shell wads for use in target loads with 1 1/8 oz. shot." They are considerably shorter in length compared to my Winchester 12sl. Made by United Cartridge Company, Casa Grande, Arizona. I can't find any quick info. Anybody use these in the past with AA hulls, 1 oz. or 1 1/8 oz.??

Thanks,

Rod

2. shrek

shrek Active Member

they might be the ones called the PC red which is designed for 1 1/8 oz loads according to the way you described them.

There is data avialable for them from the powder companies.

I have used some of the pc purples which are designed for 1 oz loads and have found them to be good performers.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I believe these wads were manufactured in Gary South Dakota. Subsequently, the company was sold to DownRange in NE; several yeras ago.

The name PC I am not certain of becasue Hornaday had a similar wad. Someone here will know.

I am certain of the sale of the Gary SD wad business to DownRange, because I used to buy from them in SD.

Whiz White

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Thanks for the information. The wads are clear color. Also have some of the colored, red and purple. Thanks Shrek. I'll shove a few in a AA and check them out. I was told that they would work with AA's but wanted to check with some of the experts here.

Thanks,

Rod

5. solechicken

solechicken TS Member

Rod.
    The PC wads that you have aquired go back many years when Pattern Control was located in Arizona. I had the pleasure of representing them at that time. They have been sold and moved several times since the, early '80,s'. when they were located there. Now owned by Down Range. They are a good performing 1 1/8 oz. AA wad and the ones out of Casa Grande used top quality plastic. I still use them for my 1 1/8 oz. load.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You could be right about Hawk wads. Whatever their name, they came out of Gary.

Whiz

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Thanks Solechicken. Sent you a PM.

Rod

8. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

I have a couple cases of the Red Patern Control 1 1/8 ounce wads if anyone is in need. $65.00/case plus actual shipping from 43567-Ohio. Email, drop the X's
    XXXXrb43567@yahoo.comXXXX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
diy pattern control wads
patter control
pattern control shotgun shell wads

pattern control shotgun wads

pattern control wads

red pc shotgun shell wads
shotgun wads casa grande az