1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pattern Control wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Darryl101, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darryl101

Darryl101 TS Member

I rencently ran into some Pattern Control wads (That is their brand name) and they have a plastic column sticking up out of the middle. This column would be right in the middle of the shot. Does anyone know anything about them? I am not worried about a load just a little background information and if their claim to fame is all it is cracked up to be.

Thanks,

Darryl Howard

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Darryl..... As I remember, that was the PC "spreader" wad. This wad allowed the pattern to spread out faster. I remember trying them for skeet using a full choked O/U, and they worked ok. I never did any patterning with them to determine if they were of any use since I really didn't shoot any skeet to speak of and had no use for them...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I have not used them to shoot clay targets. However, I load my early season Grouse loads in them. While the leaves are up and all your shooting is close it is an awesome combo. When I did pattern them compared to regular wads there was a larger pellet footprint.

GS

4. Darryl101

Darryl101 TS Member

Thanks for the info boys. I may give them a whirl at the patterning board and then try a box or two at the 16 yard line.

Darryl

5. mike b.

mike b. Member

They are now made by Downrange. Used them in the past w/ no problems.

6. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

try them at 16 yard line will be the same as using a skeet choke in your gun

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Downrange makes/made a 1 ounce PC wad, 4 petal thats a great wad, no post. About a 30 grain wad.

Years ago I use the post wads for grouse loads before the leaves fell in the early fall. Switched to AA wads for the remainder of the season. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.