1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriot Act vote possibly tonight

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by perga1, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I received this email today and thought everyone who cares about gun rights may want to email/call their Senator.

It's gotten nasty in the Senate between Rand Paul and Harry Reid ... and personal.

The final vote on the mis-named Patriot Act may be rammed through at 1am tonight, so it is IMPERATIVE that you call Sen. Bill Nelson at (202) 224-5274 and Sen. Marco Rubio at (202) 224-3041 and demand they support Rand Paul's pro-gun amendment.

Senator Paul's amendment to protect gun owners has caused a tremendous stir in the Senate -- Reid refuses to vote on it or protect gun owners' rights.

Today, Senator Paul had this to say: “They are petrified to vote on issues of guns because they know that a lot of people in America favor the Second Amendment, own guns, and want to be protected in the right to own guns, and the right to have those records not sifted through by the government.”

I need you to call call Sen. Bill Nelson at (202) 224-5274 and Sen. Marco Rubio at (202) 224-3041 immediately. They could be stripping your Second Amendment rights away in just a few hours!

--Dudley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Dudley Brown [mailto:dudley.brown@nationalgunrights.org]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:23 PM
    Subject: What a difference a night makes

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The very fact that it is called the PATRIOT act is a dead give away that this bill is anything but patriotic.

3. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Ben Nelson is a hunter, shooter, fisherman. Unless this bill contains some wacky provision; he will vote pro gun, pro second amendment every time.
    Problem is, what "riders" or other crap is attached?
    I'm a Nebraskan who will go with whatever Ben decides.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Dudley........... you may want to check your facts. My understanding is that R. Paul is holding up the vote because he want's a Judge's Warrant to be issued prior to a search.

blade819

5. porky

porky TS Member

Thank goodness that the NRA supported Harry Reid so that he would get back in office. I called Sen Nelson's office and they are a bit busy with the amount of phone calls, but Senator Rubio's office picked the call right up when it started ringing.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Sam,,,,especially if he gets a lot of money for your state???? You real excited about the healthcare bill????

7. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Bigdogtx;
    Bet your ass.
    Sam Ogle

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The "Patriot" Act needs to be scuttled, no matter what good pro-gun amendment may be attached to it.

9. bigdogtx

Sam,,,,glad not everyone in Nebraska is for bribery for a senator's vote....

10. porky

porky TS Member

Osama has signed the bill while in Ireland. Did the amendment get included or not?

11. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Bigdogtx:
    May I assume you are from one of those states where the Senators sit and bark, while doing NOTHING for the working man?
    If so, Bless your little heart.
    Oh, do you have a real name?
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Here is part of the above article:

Paul agreed to let the bill go forward after he was given a vote on two amendments to rein in government surveillance powers. Both were soundly defeated. The more controversial, an amendment that would have restricted powers to obtain gun records in terrorist investigations, was defeated 85-10 after lawmakers received a letter from the National Rifle Association stating that it was not taking a position on the measure.

13. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I read it passed the house and senate and obama was using a auto machine to have his name signed to it. The constitution states the pres must sign it, not some machine. What do we have to do to our elected reps to make sure they follow the law? I guess we didnt throw out the right people.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A sad, sad day for America and freedom.

15. bigdogtx

Sam,,,,if you the the government does something for the working man,,,,you have been duped,,,,the government is most of the problems we have today or maybe you just like stealing from others, especially small children's futures....

16. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Sam might be an official in one of the major unions or is somehow on the government dole. Why else would anyone defend Obamacare? JRM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.