1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***PATCH WORTHY??***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ismah, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

I ran 110 targets straight but not in 25 target increments. I hit 99, missing the 96th target. BUT -- I hit my last 14 targets in the prior to first round !! Am I patchworthy?? Bill

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I ran 92 straigh missed number 93 on the fifth round ran 20 straight. Neither one of us ran a hundred straight. Pisses me off. Mike.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

You deserve a 75 Straight patch! Mark

4. open choke

open choke TS Member

That's like in bowling when you bowl 12 straight strikes. Some in the back of one game and rest in the start of the next game.

This is called an "Andy Veripapa 300" means nothing; no patch, trophy, ring, or plaque.

But your friends will for sure bust your chops about it to make you feel better

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

How about if you shoot 25 a week in league. You run 25's consecutively on two teams two weeks in a row. On paper you have two 50's, but in reality you have 100 straight. Though not in the same day. What is this considered? Four 25's?

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

UNLOADER(Gary),

I still have the "99" straight patch you made and gave me. It's my most prized trophy. :) Matt

grntitan_2009_2503104.jpg

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Take your right hand and pat yourself on the back. Now take your left foot and kick yourself for dropping that 96th target.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Here's something as good as a patch. Great Shooting!

blade819

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I did a similar thing at the 2011 Zippo shoot in Bradford Pa. shot 200 bird event 24/23/24/25 25/25/25/23 for a 194. I being a second year shooter at that point hadnt ever shot a 50 straight. I asked about patches even offering to pay for them. I was told no by the guys in charge said it was a round the corner 100 didnt count. Talked to my state rep, he said it was a 200 bird event, and it was a run in the middle of the event, it counted. He then made sure I got a 100 straight pin. My home club also said the same thing and gave me the whole set of patches 25/50/75/100.

But got to agree IF you missed in the the event your only due a 75.

Jerry Lewis

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

75 only. Sorry.

11. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I only have one 100 straight, officially, although I shot another one. I dropped 2 illegal screaming rjghts on the first post of the first trap, and right as we changed posts, the machine gave up the ghost and broke permanently. My squad got moved to another trap to finish that round, as the machine wasn't repairable. I ran the rest of the event, the first 25 in the shootoff, and missed number 22 or 23 in the second round. I know I ran 150, but because shootoffs don't count, and neither do partial rounds, I only have my own satisfaction in the fact.
    I can't complain about illegal targets, because I shot and missed them, but I sure wish I could figure out how to stop shooting at an illegal target I called for!

12. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

what if u run 99 and miss the first target but tank and extra at the end does that count

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

You only get a 75 patch.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Having only run 97 straight then dropping two and breaking the last of the hundred I'm jealous of being able to say I've run 100 straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.