1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pat trap windmilling

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike c, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike c

mike c TS Member

At a regestered shoot Sunday one of our traps quit, found the problem and when I started again it began windmilling. A couple hours later, it was still doing it. I have changed everything but the concrete under it and can't find the problem. HELP. Mike C

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Just what did you change ?????

3. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Check the adjusable switches on the right side of the machine if you are facing it. depending on the model it will have socket head screws o or round screws that you can loosen with your fingers. adjust until the arm stops app' 1/2 inch before the end of the brake. If you have changed everyhing else that might be it. Robert

4. mike c

mike c TS Member

i have changed the timer, both relays, and 2 prox switches. it just seemed to start doing this on it's own after I changed the small glass fuse. It was set for doubles.

5. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Had same problem this spring-found the coard from the house to box had been shot-had 7 bb's in it-new coard fixed. good luck.

6. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

call pat trap. We had a hydraulic leak, and instead of selling me a part, they gave me phone tech support.

good people.

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

We had a similar problem. Ours was caused by the pump belt being loose. Tightened it up and the problem went away.

8. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Mike
    Forgot to mention If you have voice activated units try disconnecting the cord from the machine and see if it still windmills when you turn it on if it does not windmill the problem is in the voice calls.

Robert

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Another item to check is the metal band at the brake on the arm. When the machine throws a target the arm returns to the brake in back which stops it for the next call. On top of this rubber is a metal brake band which puts down pressure on the rubber to stop the arm. If this band breaks the machine will continue windmill. When it brakes it usually brakes flush with the mounting.

Michael Stephenson

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Like Mike said check the brake. Ive found the rubber worn down on the end, And the metal broken also.

11. mike c

mike c TS Member

Thanks for all your help guys. we got it fixed and you'll never guess. it was the switch box, the one with the on/off and release switches. A small screw fell out of the inside and shorted the thing out. go figure.

12. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough!

13. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

this happens alot with me turn on the pump but dont turn on the arm let it warm up for a long time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.