1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap vs ProMatic??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TX-MX, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

My home club is looking at the purchase of one or more new traps.

What are the pros and cons of Pat Trap vs. ProMatic?

Anyone have any experience with the ProMatics?

What is installed at Sparta?

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The board just discussed the ProMatic. A keyword search will bring it up.

Promatic is easy on the pocket book. It seems the newest models have settled down, but stay away from used ones as they have issues depending how who you talk to and also my experience.

Pat Trap set the standard in modern machines that all others follow.

Sparta has PAT Traps and they are owned by the ATA.

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Promatic........your kidding right????

GS

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

No contest. A pat trap can throw an unbelievable amount of targets with only ONE maintenance item..........KEEP IT CLEAN!

HM

5. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

TX-MX go with the Pro-Matic , I usually go with USA made products but the Pat traps are overly complicated and require lots of work with not very good support. The Pro Matic is a nice simple machine , KISS . Jay

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Thorsdad....it is easy to see by your comments where your paycheck comes from. Your statement could not contain any more lies if you tried!!!!!

GS

7. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

midalake , just so you know I build roads for a living. I used to volunteer at a local trap club and had to work on the Pat traps so I stand behind my statement. Now I shoot at clubs using Pro Matic's and Autosporter's good clean simple machines. Keep it simple stupid . Jay

8. setter

setter Member

I maintain a number of Pat-Traps and IMO they require minimal maintenance, as well Pat-Trap provides a good manual. Pat-trap also provides good help desk support and these machines are in the "easy to work on" category.

Jim

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

PatTrap is the standard by which all others are judged, and most of the "others" don't measure up.

John C. Saubak

10. Amy Patenaude

Amy Patenaude TS Member

Please contact Pat-Trap, Inc. if you would like us to mail you out or informaiton packet.

Pat-Traps are proudly made in the USA and no one throws more registered targets!

Shoot Well, Amy P.

11. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

We have both at Sedalia R & G. In my view the Pats throw a better target and have less problems, but when you do have one it's a snake to deal with. The Pro-matic is simpler. Jim101 keeps them all running for us and qualifies as an expert on both. Wait for him to chime in or address a question to him on ts.com.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.