1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat trap spring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PAK, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAK

PAK Member

Is there any different from the rubber to the spring coil in a pat trap. Is there any where to buy a coil spring.

2. phaeton

phaeton Member

my name is vince valois I have several coil springs 813-277-6543

3. PatMan

PatMan Member

You cannot inter change the coil spring with the rubber uni-band. the metal coil spring is for the sw models and the uniband for the G series. the uni band will throw a smoother target.

4. PatMan

PatMan Member

You cannot inter change the coil spring with the rubber uni-band. the metal coil spring is for the sw models and the uniband for the G series. the uni band will throw a smoother target.

5. PatMan

PatMan Member

You cannot inter-change the coil spring with the rubber uni-band. The coil spring is for the sw model the uni-band for the G series. The uni-band will throw a smoother target than the coil spring on the sw models. Wayne

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Current downside of using a spring instead of the rubber bands, is that if the spring breaks, it can really mess up your PAT trap. Apparently PAT is working on a fix for this. I'm not ready to jump to using springs just yet. Mark

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Pat Man.... Please define smoother target.

T

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was wondering. Smoother? How so?

9. PatMan

PatMan Member

The uni-band has a more gentle and uniform acceleration rate than the coil spring. The target on a uni-band machine will consquently have better overall contact with the rubber on the throwing arm, which gives it better spin and less likely to wobble. We have both types at our club, and there is definetly a difference. Thx Wayne

10. PatMan

PatMan Member

The biggest dissadvantage I've seen with the uni-band is that the speed of the target will increase some after the first round or two of targets are thrown. We many times re-check the speed with a radar gun between events and have found this to be the case. Also if the machine is left in the cocked position (which they shouldn't be)over night in cold weather, they are slow to come back to life.

11. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Goldenwest was making a spring conversion for the G. Get some rubber lined firehose and put it over the spring. It will contain a failure of the spring. The bands do creep, I have not heard of a difference in the target between the springs and bands before now.

Dennis

12. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

We have a couple with springs at the Great Falls Trap club. I have yet to see a spring break. On the other hand, we change the rubbers on a regular basis.

Rick in MT

13. phaeton

phaeton Member

You can install unibands on any pat trap SW or G later SW machs.came with unibands I have installed many on old machs. vince valois

14. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

PatMan, I'm callin BS on your smooth targets. No empirical proof.

jim brown

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jim Brown.....7 1/2's or 8's? :)

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pat trap unibands

sring for early pat trap