1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PAT TRAP QUESTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kingbang, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

We have a combination of SW and G series traps. There is a new conversion out to change the G series rubber bands to springs.
    With the creep we've experienced with the bands I thought I would make the conversion just for consistancy.
    2 benefits are less replacement parts and they are faster to change out than the bands.
    However I heard that if a spring breaks there a good chance it will take out a hydro line. Ive never had a spring break so I don't have any experience here. Has anyone had this happen?

Merry Christmas to you all

Dennis

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

We have traps with almost a million targets on them....never broken a spring yet.

Bands on the other hand....we have had to replace three or 4 and they have lots less targets. I could never understand the rubberband idea other than it may be softer on the targets.

You can tell when they are getting bad and if they do go.....you can still get by until Dbls has to be thrown...then you HAVE to change them.

Rick in Mt.

3. setter

setter Member

Dennis,

Who supplies the conversion kit? When the SW's came out, the metal spring was designed for a million targets. However, of the several broken ones that I replaced there was no damage to the machine. I don't remember when, but Pat-Trap came out with a beefier spring. I have not had any of these break. Additionally, metal springs are no longer available from Pat-Trap.

As well, I have not seen the need to either upgrade the springs to uni-bands or vice-versa. I did rat hole some of the springs.

Jim

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

In 2005, Bob Sharp, manager of the TN gun club in Nashville told me he came up with a spring deal for the G series. You might contact him and see whatever came of that idea.

5. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Thanx all.......Golden West Industries has the conversions,$175.00 plus frieght.
    Here's their web addy
    http://www.goldenwestind.com/
    Talk to Chuck or Mike

Dennis

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pat trap metal springs

pat traps bands