1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JimmyP, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

I am trying to fix a Pat Trap that is having a problem I have never run in to before. The arm will fire and throw the target but intermittently not rotate the carousel. Doesn't do it every time but about once every 6 to 8 birds. Anyone have an idea as to the problem? I would really appreciate some ideas as to what to look for. Thanks

Jimmy

2. Festus

Festus TS Member

Might be "switch 5" (I think they call it number 5) which is under the carosel. Usually the carosel will partially rotate but not drop a target when the switch fails. It's a pretty common failure. Just empty the targets, lift the carosel off the machine and look for the switch with the little roller on it. if the roller is missing or the switch arm is broken replace it (or replace the switch bracket and switch as that is usually how they sell the replacement part).

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I think Festus is correct. That would be the first thing I checked. If you replace the switch, Be sure to adjust it as per the book. The adj is fairly critical to proper indexing.

Jim

4. PatMan

PatMan Member

Your probably correct on the switch under the turret causing the problem, but it is refered to as switch #4 and not #5.

5. BAP

BAP TS Member

Festus is right with the problem. Don't get upset if the roller isn't on the switch. Later updates suggest removing the roller and the part comes from the factory with the roller removed so it's resting on the flat spring. Bill

6. setter

setter Member

JimmyP,

As someone above pointed out, you'll need the procedure from the manual to adjust switch #4, also the bolt that holds the pinion plastic is threaded in to the support. It also holds switch #4 via a nut, also your switch #4 may be proximity type, its covered in the SW manual.

Your machine is overrunning the limit switch and it needs to be replaced, the limit switches are different, you also need a manual.

There are 2 manuals, 1 for SW's, 1 for G's.

7. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Thanks all. I have replaced switch #4 and had it adjusted I thought. It would only do this every 6 to 8 birds. I have had the switch go out before but it was either good or bad before. I now know better. It was in adjustment but would every once in a while not work as designed. Readjusted the switch and made it move the lever a touch more and the thing is working like a champ now. I guess it must have worn a contact point just enough to make it right on the edge of not connecting at all. We got it fixed though so thanks to all for the ideas.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.