1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Pat trap problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kingbang, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Many thank's to "setter" and other's on my outlaw right problem,This is a G series trap.
    It was out of time. Actually by quite a bit. Was pretty easy to fix. Also had timing problems on two SW series, Man when it rains it pours!!
    Got all three working real good today.(fingers crossed)Threw 75 birds plus through each and had one break, That could be due to loading and reloading the turrets several times with the same birds.
    These Pats are awesome machines. I think that the biggest problem is people tinkering with them that dont understand how they work. Especially the Pat's that have a "timed turret" After working on these machines this last week,Im convinced they got out of time because the turret wasn't properly reset after it had been removed.
    I also agree with trap2, We tried several other target's available in the pacific northwest. They were dirty, had high breakage,and or would not fly straight.
    Our club only throws 400-500,000 targets a year. We can't afford any more loss than we get from look at and set up targets.
    It's also is not good business to try and have 4 or 5 different manufacturer's traps on the grounds and expect to have the spare parts and mechanics to work on them.
    Believe me, Im living this now. We have Pat traps for PITA trap. We have Biomats for our Skeet and Promatic for our sporting clays and 5 stand,with a few old Winchesters thrown in as well. My learning curve is pretty steep at the moment
    Again thanx to all for the help,Im sure I'll be back...

Dennis

Cottage Grove Eugene Sportsmen's Club
  2. setter

setter Member

Dennis,

Glad it worked out. It gets easier

Good luck,
    JIm
  3. Big Jack

Big Jack Active Member

When they run good, great day! Keep them reasonably clean and lubricated, brushes adjusted properly, target arms square edged (for good target contact)
    & you've got it licked! Oh, and keep the unknowings out of the trap houses.

Big Jack
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.