1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pigeon Killer, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigeon Killer

Pigeon Killer TS Member

Our gun club is having a problem with our Pat-Trap, The rocks are breaking in the turret . We recently switched to Biodegradeable and thought that was the problem but, we went back to the regular rocks and the problem persist . Seems like a tourque problem somewhere but we cant fiqure it out , and we cant find a service person in the area to help us out . We are located in St.Clair ,PA . Can anyone help us out with this problem ......PLEASE ????
    Thank You

2. kik by kolar

kik by kolar TS Member

Call Pattrap, they are very helpful with issues conserning their traps.

Can't find their number, so send them an e-mial.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Check the arm. The lip on the target should contact the lower 2/3 of the rubber rail, and it should be for the whole arm travel. Unwind the spring and manually check it.

Raise or lower the arm as necessary to get good contact.

A bent arm will sometimes strike the target crown as it leaves the plate, breaking the target. Also the brush should hold the target to the arm at the moment of firing, if the arm slaps the target it can break.

HM

4. gary0920

gary0920 Member

What does the target brush look like? Try replacing it or turning it around.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Check the bottom target that is in each stack of the turret. Sometimes, the rubber wheel that keeps all of the targets from falling onto the plate is too tight. If each, or many of the bottom targets are chipped in the same place, this could be the problem.

Pat Ireland

6. setter

setter Member

P.K., You have mail.

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"Can't find their number, so send them an e-mial."

From the Pat Trap web site:

<center>Pat-Trap, Inc.<br>110 Western Avenue<br>Henniker, NH 03242<br>(603) 428-3396<br>FAX (603) 428-7340
    Email: info@pattrap.com</center>
    Morgan

8. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

First, has the modification to the turet been done. If not, this could be your problem. A year or so ago, pat came out with a modification to take the metal spring or cutter that holds the target off the machine and moved the spring loaded wheels to hold the targets. This used to cause the targets to break on the turet. The modification fixed the problem and it stopped breaking targets. If the modification has been done, then check the timing to see if the elevator is under the target when it drops. If it's out of time, this may be your problem and why the targets are being broken. If any of the above are suspected, you will then have to call Pat trap and they will help you to fix the problem.

9. Ron M

Ron M Member

Look at the bottom three or so targets all around the rack if some have a chip or craks on the outside it may be the steel spring that holds the targets up as they go past the doubles hole. On one of ours the spring got out of adjustment, it got to tight I backed it off a little and it's working
    fine
    Ron

10. mykgrox

mykgrox TS Member

if you need service on your pats give me aa call my name is vince valois 813-277-6543

11. setter

setter Member

P K, Vince Valois is the person that I mentioned to you.

Vince, P K has the old style roller plates. I spoke with him on the phone, maintenance in this area may be the major issue, he may be interested in an upgrade of the roller plates, you might want to e-mail him with that upgrade cost.

Regards, Jim Moody

12. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

We had a problem with one of our Pat Traps a month ago. It was breaking lots of targets. What we found that due to using Bio targets there was a lot of rough residue on the deck that holds the targets. It was very rough when you would run your hand over it. We think that was causing the targets to hang up on the deck and get broken by the throwing arm. We took some light sand paper and buffed it. It quit breaking targets.

We checked our other two machines and they are doing the same thing. We only shoot 2 times per week and we think this is happening from the targets sitting on the deck a long time.

Don't know but this might help you. Hope so.

Jerry Walker

13. Pigeon Killer

Pigeon Killer TS Member

Im starting by new O- rings on the rollers and a new brush and the correct adjustment .. Also we will be eliminating the Bio's . I will take the advice on sanding off the deck too . I will advise of the outcome after I receive my parts . Thank You Very Much !!!

14. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Vince is the best Pat Trap mechanic I know, there is nothing he cannot fix on a pat trap...

15. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Since you did not state which Pat you have I will just say you might want to check the timing also. Targets may be dropping too soon. Ray

16. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

If you have the later model, also check the elevator lift spring. If out of time the target will drop before the plate is up. Check the rubber and nylon parts that lift the plate to see if worn or torn. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.