1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap Problem - Turrent Rotation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by washandwear, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Pat Trap (old series) does not rotate full cycle after bird release. Shot 100 pair of dbls and then cleaned the machine and refilled. Ready to set speed and guess what it now takes 3 or 4 button pushes to get the next bird to drop. I also noticed that the elevator is not going all the way to the top on each partial cycle causing the bird to fall onto the plate and slide back against the dbls finger. I did turn the turrent by hand the wrong way to turnover the single/double wheel but don't know if this was the cause?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

W&W

2. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

W&W

The switch under the turrent need adjusted, pull the turrent and you'll see it, you'll need to square up the end of the plastic finger, then readjust, see your manual for instructions, the only tools you'll need is a 2- 7/16 wrenches, and a small square, to realine the turrent deactivater swich, please see manual. Its verry touchy so do it exactly like it says in the manual.

Pat

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

What Pat said. Its shown in manual as the #4 switch.

4. setter

setter Member

washandwear,

You'll also need a 1/8 inch allen wrech. Then, once you get this baby re-timed, use the clutch to turn the turrent on the SW's. When at the back of the machine the clutch is underneath and on the right below the chain. Yes, forcing the turrent can cause this problem and with the timing corrected the elevator problem will go away. PM me if you want to discuss.

Jim

5. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Thank you. Just put a new #4 switch in couple months ago and may have not tightened it down good enough. Hope that is it - easy enough. I did call Pat Trap Saturday and too my surprise the tech answered. He concurred #4 swith most likely.

Regards

W&W

6. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Pat Trap operational. Wire came loose on #4 Switch.

Regards

W&W

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I love it when a plan comes togeather...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.