1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap out of time, where to drill

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Our oldest Pat Trap went out of time today for the second time is as many shoots. I have read on this site about putting a roll pin in to eliminate the problem. Where does the hole go? Post a picture please? Thank you!

2. 320090T

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Once you have the trap in time you can drill a hole to take the split roll pin on the sprocket shoulder. No special place, Just where you can get a straight shot from the side of the machine.

4. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont mean to be mean but why dont you call Pat Trap and ask them?
    I never understand posts like this
    Pat Trap makes the best machines and has the best customer service call them they will tell you how to fix it......

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

jsa3107

"Pat Trap makes the best machines and has the best customer service call them they will tell you how to fix it......"

All I can say to that is HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Do you have any more funny stories to tell that one was very funny.

Bob Lawless

6. 320090T

I have spoke with Pat Trap Charley about this twice and he acted like I was from outer space suggesting putting a roll pin in. He went on today about taking the unit apart, hitting something with a cold chisel, then pressing something else out with an arbor press, and then putting it back together. I said I would just send it to them but you have to do all the above to get it out. I asked which idiot designed this and he sort of muttered....
    I have been told two different ways to time a Pat Trap, so I am going to use the second method tomorrow to see what happens. For some reason it gets out of time. Charley says target chips, I say bullcrap. This machine is 8 years old and now all of a sudden we are getting target chips and throwing it out of time? BS!

Grunt, does the sprocket screw onto the shaft? You mean the large sprocket or small? Hopefully I can stall this out until the Ohio State Shoot. I can pick Vince's brain and maybe really get it figured out.

Thanks!

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Like I said jsa3107 funny Story.

Bob Lawless

8. setter

setter Member

320090T,

Sent you a PM!

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's real easy to identify the problem spotters VS the problem solvers on here.

Good luck Bill.

Dave

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

The sprocket is pressed on the shaft. Thats how the trap gets out of time the sprocket slips. The early Pats didnt have a key way,That would have solved the problem. So you drill a hole and put in the roll pin. We drilled the sprocket that the chain rides on..

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

tack weld. Just a teensy easy dremel remove bit.

HM

HM

12. shotgnrox

shotgnrox TS Member

If you still have this problem give me a call 813-277-6543 vince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.