1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap no lefties

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doughboy, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

Anyone,
    I need some assistance with a Pat Trap that won't throw hard lefts. The machine will oscillate to the far left side and rotate back to the right. I don't feel it's a matter of someone not calling for a target when it gets there. There is no delay when it gets to the left side. Any info is appreciated or a contact would be great!

thank you - Kurt

2. romie

romie Active Member

ours seems the same way.It throws some left's but seemingly more right's

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I think that means its a Rep trap machine and not a Dem trap machine.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Ours throw the majority of targets to the left of center, easily 75%.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try switching out your interrupter. This may be your problem.

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

My first guess would be the interrupter also. If not, it is a good idea to have a spare in case one goes out during a shoot.

You might try just unplugging and re plugging the interrupter to assure the contacts are making good connection. That may be all you need. Ray

7. Illuminati

Illuminati TS Member

Doughboy

Ours was doing the same, 70%-80% of the birds were on the same side,I greased it and now it works great, just make sure you get all the fitting. I think there are four and one was hard to get at. Try this first,I think you will happy. Illuminati

8. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Have someone at the trap and someone on a speaker. When the machine gets to the far left, have the person at the machine signal for a bird. If you get a bird repeat the process with less than hard lefts moving to center. As far as I know the interupter does just that. Remove the interupter, put a jumper wire into postions 2&3 on the 8 pin relay base and the machine will move left and right continuosly. I don't think it has anything to do with the release switch, which is switch 1 (either speaker or pull cord). The number 11 and 12 switches control the left and right bird angles respectively. As I recall, When I have lost one of these (rare) the machine wont go in that direction. Vince and the factory may have more input here. I suspect perhaps this maybe more an issue of short squads and or timing of the squads calling for birds. I think we all have noticed that if a squad has a cadence calling for targets at close to the same time interval,like every 3-2.5 seconds? You can expect to see 3 out of 5 targets at close to the same angles on every post.
    hope this helps.

Dennis