1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap - Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Unsingle, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I don't know much about our club's Pat trap, but it is not working and all of the people with the know how are gone to Missouri.

It appears to me the turret that holds the birds is out of time sometimes. After throwing 3 or 4 birds ok, it will not drop a bird because the hole in the turret is not aligned with the hole in the base. It will cycle several times and then finally align itself and throw a bird. Any ideas?

2. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

It sound like it's out of time if I was you I would call up pat trap and talk to them and thay will walk you through how realine the carraige it's not hard the belt on the carraige has to be reset to get it back in time also check to see if the spring that holdes the target up are not broken you will see two wheels both have springs on them also look on the wheels to make sure that the rubber orings are still on the wheels if the springs or the rubber oring are broken or missing this to can cause your problem good luck

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

It's probably the switch under the turret. Either the roller is missing or it has trash in it if it's the magnetic type. The adjustment proceedure is in the book that came with the trap. You will need a T square, 6 inch ruler, and an ohm meter to set it.

I have seen this problem several times on the older pats.

Jim

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I also suspect an older PAT with a busted switch that controls the turret advance.

5. three-reloaders

three-reloaders TS Member

look at switch #4 under the turret. The plastic piece is worn and it will half cycle. Jerry

6. joshif

joshif TS Member

Where's Amy? She's on another thread spouting off about her traps. How about some EXPERT help ma'am?

7. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I didn't try to fix it, but it was out of time and works great now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.