1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat trap help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dshot, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshot

dshot Member

Our club has a 3 year old Pat trap that is stuck on a hard rigth angel and want move, any ideas on the problem.
    Thanks

2. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Did you buy it from a dealer? Call him.

3. birdbuster

birdbuster TS Member

There is an electronic 'limit switch' that might need checked?

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

On startup, our Pat-Traps will occasionally slip past the limit switches and will get “stuck”. When this happens with ours, I just flip the switch to manual and center the trap. Turn the switch back to “Auto” and the machine will probably function normally.

Mark

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mark is on the mark here. I had the same problem a few times. The cylinder just did not reverse direction. If the problem persists, check to be sure the magnetic switches are aligned, and operational.

On the older machines the bracket that mounts the switches can be bent down accidentally and cause erratic operation.

HM

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

And sometimes the limit switch goes bad.....

7. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

You might want to call Charlie at Pat Trap. We had the same thing happen to one of our older machines and we had to change out the hydraulic shift valve. When we took it apart we found that the shift solenoid was rusted and pitted. I think the total cost for the valve was a little over $100. When the valve goes bad you can't move the turret by switching the switch to manual. The only way we could move the machine from the far left position was to loosen the hydraulic hose to the cylinder and let the hydraulic fluid out. Hope this helps. Let us know what you find when you get it fixed. Bill Hardison Memphis Sport Shooting

8. dshot

dshot Member

thanks for all the help. I will the center move if that don't correct the problem, we will call the Charlie.
    Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

charlie from pat trap